I thought I would share a product that I recently discovered. My boy Badger has always had loose stool no matter what food we feed him. He's also had awful flaky skin regardless of any type of oil we've added to his food. Our vet was stumped and just told us to keep giving him the salmon oil and eventually it would kick in. He had super shiny black fur, but it was still flaky. We've had him for over a year and it's always been like this.

So, I started him and our others on Victor brand dog food, after Acana was getting too expensive with 5 dogs. I also added a tsp. of coconut oil and his coat finally started getting a little better, but his poops were still too loose for my liking. I wasn't quite ready to cave in and try Iams like people on here always suggest. (I had an awful experience feeding it years ago with my lab and I just can't do it!)

Anyways I found Olewo Carrots while searching online and after feeding them for only a week so far he has had the BEST poops I've ever seen since he came home! :) He also has no flaky skin left at all!

Edited by BellaBean

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

I ordered the 5 pound bag and feeding all 5 dogs 2 tbs. a day it has lasted just over a month. I ordered the 11 pound bag this time because it's more cost effective and I know it works now!

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

I was reading an article about the Olewo products just the other day. They also have Olewo Rad Beets. Glad to hear they are working so well. I've been thinking of trying one or the other.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

The carrots are awesome! I added this product to Grace's diet years ago. It used to come in a box. It helped her firm right up and she always had a soft, thick coat.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

My sister told me about this product years ago, never tried it. Decided to get a small bag. For those of you that use it what is the

consistency of the carrots when you add it to the food, creamier or drier? Do you mix up a bunch and then dole it out over time

or do you feed one serving at a time? Got a free sample of the beets, has anyone tried that? Thanks, am looking forward to seeing how it works out here.

Linda, Jack and Keeva

I have ordered small bags of both the carrots and the beets and they should be arriving in the next few days. Can't wait to try it.

Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

As much water you add is how much the carrots will absorb. They need to sit the 10 min like it recommend to make sure they absorb and soften for them to digest. It is a grainy paste to liquid pending the water added. I just mix it in the food. I usually make it daily. It recommends a tablespoon, I usually do a little less for my pups b/c of the water expanding it, the directions and suggestions are not very concise.

It has made a difference in the consistency of the poop, and hoping using this will help my pup keep the worms away, just had my first neg poop for him since checking in June!

The beets are good too. I let them hydrate too so they can digest them a bit better.

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

Well, I think you all have sold me on trying the carrots and the beets. Chase doesn't have any problems with stool firmness, but he does get a little bit of a rumbly belly and gas. The gas has no smell to it though. I just want to try the product to see if I notice an overall improvement in his health.

I ordered a small bag of the Olewo Carrots and also the Olewo Red Beets and got them today. Princess loved them on her dinner! Will posted an update in a few weeks re: results.

Couldn't you just add cooked carrots to their meal? What's special about this product?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Couldn't you just add cooked carrots to their meal? What's special about this product?

I don't know about the others, but I like the fact that 1) they're freeze dried so they retain all their nutrition when they're rehydrated, 2) they're organically grown, and 3) they're non-GMO. :)

Guest IrskasMom

I can't resist to ask . If I cook a Bag of Carrots , smash them up or Puree them would it be the same ?

I should have read above Post! I did give my Boy today smashed up Carrots in his Dinner , he loved it .I did to ask my Vet about the Nutriional Value Raw or Cooked . He Thought it would be easer to digest cooked.

I can't resist to ask . If I cook a Bag of Carrots , smash them up or Puree them would it be the same ?

I should have read above Post! I did give my Boy today smashed up Carrots in his Dinner , he loved it .I did to ask my Vet about the Nutriional Value Raw or Cooked . He Thought it would be easer to digest cooked.

My hounds have always LOVED cooked carrots and have gotten them quite often. Princess really likes the combo of the Olewo Carrots and Beets I'm giving her too. She's been on them a week.

Dogs cannot digest whole chunks of raw carrots - I had a weimaraner who used to eat them and they passed out the other end pretty much looking just like they did when they went down. :) Hot water on the Olewo carrot pellets turns them into a nice mush.

I have been giving Chance lots of carrots from the garden. HE LOVES THEM. Runs off with a big carrot and crunches and chomps and looks for more. Funny guy. Will have to see if this stuff is available in Canada for when fresh carrots run out.. :)

Whole raw carrots (or other plant material) is fine for a treat, but it will have little nutritional value if it is not broken down before you feed it. You can either cook and mash, or you can blend/pulverize raw carrots (grating isn't enough). Since the pellets are dehydrated, I am guessing nutritional levels are more concentrated. You would have to convert the amounts to figure out how many fresh carrots would be equivalent.

Guest MoniTheRed

I recieved my order of carrots yesterday and boy did Willie just loved them. Does anyone know if these are a once or twice a day occurance? Willie eats twice a day. I am just trying to figure out if I am adding the carrots to his kibbles, should I be modifying the amounts of his other food. He eats 1/2 a tin of soft food in the morning and the evening and as well as two cups of kibbles over the course of the day. But now that I have added the carrots, he eats the entire bowl of kibble in one sitting. So I am trying to figure out if there needs to be a shift. I appreciate any tips. Willie is a pretty big boy, tall and about 78 lbs. Cheers.

Guest Johberry

I just received a 2 lb bag last night and gave our boy a tablespoon mixed in with his kibble this morning. He eats twice a day as well and I was going to feed a tablespoon tonight. He always eats his food with gusto and this morning with the Olewo carrot mixture, I actually had to encourage him to finish his food for the first time. I'm guessing it's pretty filling, so I was going to give 1/4 cup less than normal of his kibble tonight. Hope that helps. The instructions/recommendations for weight of dog is pretty broad as it recommends between 1-2 tablespoons for our hound's weight range. Hopefully, someone with more experience with the Olewo products will chime in.