Holly 13 March 2002 - 16 August 2014

Guest Hannah

Guest Hannah

There may be a few people on here who remember me and Holly-dog. So I thought I would pop back in to let you know that I let her go this morning.

She was diagnosed with canine degenerative myelopathy in October 2011 and my lovely vet warned me that the average lifespan from diagnosis is 18 months, she made it to 2 years 10 months and 10 days but over the past week or so she had really started to struggle with walks even on the flat and she had more or less lost all control of the internal plumbing (fantastic phrase from my vet) so after a couple of days of being spoilt even more than usual I let her go while she could still walk (with the assistance of a sling) into the vets on her own.

Just before we sat out on the lawn at the vets and she got the ultimate treat, proper human chocolate! She has always wanted it but has bever been allowed any, but on this occasion I figgured that a small bar of chocolate as a goodbye treat wasnt going to make any difference. Then she stood up and walked into the vets and into the treatment room. I held her in my arms and she slipped quietly and quickly away.

I know they say that animals are whole again on the other side, but I think she may conveniently forget this and take her wheeled trolley with her just so she can have a couple of days running over the toes of angels. Listen out for a rumble of thunder, it's Holly racing up and down sending angels fleeing.

If anyone wants to read about our journey I blogged about it here http://hannahsmenagerie.blogspot.co.uk/

How well you understood and loved your sweet girl. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Holly.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I remember your lovely silly sweet wonderful Holly girl.

I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sorry that your Holly has crossed. :angelwings Your giving her chocolate as her last treat reminded me that we did the same with our lab. :bighug to you on this sad day

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

What a beautiful thought -- sending your girl off on her journey with a little chocolate. Run fast and free, Miss Holly and her trolley.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Holly.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:grouphug Godspeed pretty girl.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.