Shaking Leg

Guest Greyt_livin

Guest Greyt_livin

I've noticed that when we are on a potty break that my boys rear leg will shake a little sometimes. He's not lifting his legs when he does this but is leaning.

Should I be concerned about it? :dunno

Sweep's legs do this too. I have always assumed it's from holding the muscle so taut/tense while she sniff, sniff, sniffs but will be interested to hear what others say.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Some leg shaking is because of excitement while sniffing. If it happens while pottying, and leg-lefting is being avoided, there may be back-end trouble.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Padfoot does this but he also has some back issues. The vet said he has some soreness in his back which causes nerve issues in his back legs. If the vet gives him an OK and it doesn't seem to bother him I"m sure it's fine :)

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

Guest CleverJason

Baron did this when he first came home, but I assumed he was shivering (because it was January). Nope. His leg shakes on 80-degree days too. Doesn't seem to bother him, so I don't worry.

Franny is also 10 and she just started with rear leg shaking in the past few months. I assume it's because of her age. It seems to happen more when she is not on carpet. Usually on hard floors or outside.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest Greyt_livin

He usually only lifts his leg when we are walking and then he stands on the leg that shakes when he's in the yard. So I'll just keep watch on it and mention it to the vet on our next visit. Glad to hear others also experience the same thing. It doesn't seem to bother him right now. One of the kennel handlers had told me he left racing because he pulled a muscle in his back leg and didn't think to ask at the time which one it was. I was at the adoption groups meet and greet at the track and the handlers just happened to come out looking for dogs they knew. It was pretty cute to see how Mr. Lochte had reacted with excitement to see them. :)

Edited by Greyt_livin