Quality Of Life Consultation With Vet

Update: Magic ran a little this morning. It was only a few loping steps but it was a run. He didn't pant heavily afterward and got in the house with no problems. Through this whole thing, getting in the house has not been problematic. It's 2 steps and he generally gets in easily; more so when he knows his breakfast or supper is ready.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Any news on the adequan? :) We are using it for our senior grey and we have seen a difference! I definitely recommend it for hind end weakness and/or arthritis.

Also, when was his last thyroid test done? I see he's on soloxine for hypothyroid and just wondering if that is still 100% controlled since hind end weakness can be a symptom.

Many good wishes to your sweet pup!

Any news on the adequan? :) We are using it for our senior grey and we have seen a difference! I definitely recommend it for hind end weakness and/or arthritis.

Also, when was his last thyroid test done? I see he's on soloxine for hypothyroid and just wondering if that is still 100% controlled since hind end weakness can be a symptom.

Many good wishes to your sweet pup!

I spoke with the vet today and she feels Magic is not a good candidate at this point for adequan as his back end may be too weak to justify the cost. She wasn't sure about supplements such as Fresh Factors but she said I can try it.

His last thyroid test was in April. My new vet took Magic off the soloxine to see if he'll gain some weight. She's concerned about his weight loss especially since he's eating normally.

We're both hopeful that he'll make his 14th birthday in January. She was happy to hear that Magic ran a few steps this morning.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

I spoke with the vet today and she feels Magic is not a good candidate at this point for adequan as his back end may be too weak to justify the cost. She wasn't sure about supplements such as Fresh Factors but she said I can try it.

His last thyroid test was in April. My new vet took Magic off the soloxine to see if he'll gain some weight. She's concerned about his weight loss especially since he's eating normally.

We're both hopeful that he'll make his 14th birthday in January. She was happy to hear that Magic ran a few steps this morning.

Ah, I can understand that. Adequan is NOT cheap.

I did not realise Magic is such a distinguished senior! 13 is a wonderful age, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that he makes it happily to age 14. :)