Diarrhea Overnight, Latest Very Liquid (But Light Colored)

On our 6:30pm walk last night, I saw Betty's stool was not just soft but a little bit loose. Sure enough, 3 hours later, Diarrhea time began and we were going out every 2 to 2.5 hours. At about 6:30 this morning, it looked like it was starting to gain form again (I did get half of an Immodium in her around midnight, don't know if that helped or not), but a couple of hours later it was back to fairly liquid; and a couple of hours after that, it was like white-ish water. Is this a bad progression? This seems a little different than other times.

We had a big day at Farmer's Market yesterday and I'm thinking she may have gotten something to which she's allergic. Last night, she ate her dinner just fine and showed lots of enthusiasm for treats. This morning she's avoiding food but her mood seems OK for how she's feeling (she's excited to see neighbors in the hallway, outside the building, so not terribly lethargic).

I know dark / tarry / bloody is bad, but this seems on the other end of the spectrum, and again I'm just wondering if it's a bad progression or just part of the progression of flushing out whatever's troubling her system.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

I wouldn't give Immodium. Whatever is in there causing this needs to come out.

Since it's liquid, make sure she is drinking. If she's not, I would try some Pedialyte or even a splash of Gatorade or chicken broth in her water to entice her to drink. Skip a meal or so, and go to a bland diet for a day or two, then slowly re-introduce a little kibble into it. If it continues, then a vet visit is in order. The vet will most likely give her metronidazole to address the diarrhea and help heal the stomach if this continues more than a day or two.

If you go to the vet, try to take a stool sample if there is any substance to the stool. You can use a disposable plastic container and refrigerate a stool sample for a day or two if needed.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Now it seems to just be dribbling out of her. She wouldn't poop when we went outside a few minutes ago but her bed was all wet. And then after coming back in she laid down on a blanket I had cleaned for her earlier; after I got done cleaning her main bed, I checked under her on the blanket and ... mess. Small mess, but still mess. Like wet farts (sharts)?

:(

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Poor girl, although I had to giggle at the word sharts! lol

Anyways, my Bella was having some diarrhea the other day, so I fasted her until 9:00pm (from the am), and then at 9 I fed her boil rice and chicken, half size dinner. Then in the AM, same thing, but a little bit more, later that day firm poo :)

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

She's still dripping a little bit but just asked for a treat, and was staring at me and responded positively to the phrase "are you hungry?". ... I've been running around putting paper towels beneath her whenever she lays down and brought in her outside bed which is easier to clean if it gets messy. We just went outside and she was excited to see neighbors, excited to see a squirrel; poop was still very watery but a much smaller amount then when it first showed up as pure liquid a few hours ago. And after that is when she got SUPER excited to see the squirrel again... So... Graargh... I've been looking up the 'boiled chicken and rice' recipes and may have to run to the grocery in a bit to try that.

I've also got some cans of I/D from the vet that he likes to give whenever Big D shows up, but I expect Betty to turn her nose up at that something fierce.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

I wouldn't give much food tonight (if any) but make sure she keeps drinking. If she won't drink or starts to *act* ill, off to the vet asap. I would check in with your vet in the a.m. of course.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:( :( :( :( :( Drat. Keep us posted, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Crap! Was away this afternoon and just came back to check and found you at the E-Vet. Sending good thoughts!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Blood test results are good. Kidney readings are slightly elevated, liver's low. Everything else is pretty much in line. So likely colitis or giardia. We've got some Metronidazol and some additional gastrointestinal dog food. Also got some puppy pads to try to protect Betty's beds through the night if there's any more bloody leakage. There hasn't been since we got back from the vet (where she had a few small bloody sharts while we were there, but nothing like the mess that brought us there). Also got an anti-nausea shot.

Since we got back about 3+ hours ago, she's pretty much been sleeping. Hopefully repairs are under way in that little body.

And thanks for the help and well wishes! Those are very much appreciated.

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Hope dearest Betty is lots better this morning!

She slept through the night and only left one tiny mess on the poor blanket that's already been washed twice. And, to my delight, she ate her breakfast which was mostly canned I/D. I didn't know if she'd feel well enough to eat breakfast, let alone one that she generally doesn't seem to like (although I guess she mostly gets that one under bad circumstances). I kept the breakfast a bit small to see how it moves through her system. But yay for a good night's sleep for both of us!

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

That sounds hopeful! :)

Gorgeous at any age :wub: .

Hopefully this won't be too buried...

So, no poops at all today. Which I guess is not surprising since Betty fasted for about 36 hours (she had dinner Saturday night, but nothing on Sunday). She had a breakfast of mostly I/D canned food this morning with a bit of her normal canned food in there too (Pedigree+ 'Healthy Digestion', which is basically chicken and rice; not as nice as handmade, but didn't seem offensive).

Except for a small stain left on one bed overnight, nothing's come out. I've given her plenty of opportunities. I was worried that if she was still really sick that her breakfast would slide right through her, but if we've seen nothing by now, I guess things are starting to work again? The Metronidazole is doing its job?

She ate her dinner (all I/D with a little bit of pumpkin) with gusto too, and was interested in treats later (only gave her a small freeze-dried duck and a pill pocket)... I guess we'll see how she's doing tomorrow morning.

It's just weird going from too much poop (and scary poop at the end!) to zero poop, but 36 hour fast might be followed by 24-36 hours of radio silence?

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Exactly :lol . Might see another full day of nothing -- it does take awhile for things to wander thru the pipeline.