Abrasion In Mouth / Throat

I'm curious if anyone here has experienced an abrasion or cut inside the mouth or throat and what may have caused it?

Rocket is always in my face when I'm sitting, and late yesterday I noticed a small vertical red line at the back of the mouth / beginning of the throat area. it looks more like an abrasion than a cut, but is dark red. It was not there previously.

He did have a marrow bone last week, but it was not splintered and there was no sign of an issue that day. He pretty much licks the marrow out of the bone and doesn't do much chewing, so I'm doubtful that was the cause. He only gets a marrow bone once in a while, and i am with him the whole time.

I need to establish him at the new vet since we moved, so will call for an appointment in case he needs to take an antibiotic. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with something similar and what, if anything was done for it.

The only other thing that could have caused an abrasion is a Milk Bone, which is my real suspect since he wolfs them down.

Thanks.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Almost anything which has - or could have - sharp edges could be the culprit so the milk bone may well be it. I take it he's not the sort to go stealing and eating things made of plastic etc or playing with sticks in the yard?

He never bothers anything, ever. . He has never gotten into anything and doesn't tear apart his toys. . i think we could leave a raw steak on the counter and he wouldn't bother it since it's not his. I really think it had to be caused by a Milk Bone because he eats them too fast. They are pretty hard and could easily have a rough edge after he bites into one.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Sweep has yelped a few times while working on a bully stick, so I assume she's hit a sharp edge with her gums or top of her mouth (sometimes there's a bit of blood on her "treat sheet" though I've never seen an actual abrasion in her mouth). I just give her a teaspoon of manuka honey for a couple of days after, and she's never complained. :)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart