10 Yo Grey Named Rhoda

I can't stop crying about what I will do when she dies. She's my precious girl. We got her at 1.5 years of age. She is high strung, whiny often. Grandma will no longer dog sit for us with her, but will dog sit our other 4 yo hound Maryl(much,much more relaxed).

I swear she wears pink panties with lace edges. The way she looks into my eyes and we connect. Her smell, the softness of her fur. The snout kisses. The body lean on the patio. The allowing me and only me to brush her teeth. She wants to put her body next to mine sleeping all night.

OK, OK it's a late night ode or poem or whatever to my love dog. Right now I can't imagine not having her in my life at all times.rhoda2010_zps766f45c3.jpg

5621ebf0-6541-442b-a53f-100a3975572f_zps

Guest IrskasMom

I sympathize with you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug . I got Morty when he was 18 Month old and now he is ten . A sweet old Man with the softest Ears and the most kissable Nose ,the Eyes are always connecting and his Steps are right behind me wherever I go. The Thought of him not being with me is devastating. I take one Day at the time and see what will come .

Guest PiagetsMom

Beautiful Rhoda :beatheart I understand your concerns.....I myself have an almost 11 year old, and I think those feelings are part of having an older pup :grouphug

She's beautiful. My advice-love them today and put the future on the back burner. Life is full of twists and turns and you're never sure what will come your way. All your girl knows is the love you give her today-isn't that what matters after all?

She's beautiful. My advice-love them today and put the future on the back burner. Life is full of twists and turns and you're never sure what will come your way. All your girl knows is the love you give her today-isn't that what matters after all?

Yes! Our dogs live in the moment. Savor each and everyone, and try not to worry about "what if" and "down the road" because you may miss some really, really wonderful moments.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:beatheart

I hear you. I have a 10 yr old now that I got at 1.5 yrs old.

I had my 15.5 yr old for 11 yrs when she left.

My heart and soul girl I had for 8 yrs as I did her littermate before she left.

I had one for 18 days, one for 2 yrs who left at age 5, and lost my first at only age 8 after having her 6 yrs..

sucks big time to lose them.

But I won't have missed not having them for the world.

Guest FordRacingRon

Everyday it prays on my mind too. Mine is 11 and 3 months, got her at 2 1/2. She is my heart and I do not know how I will get by without her. Everyday I spend as much time as I can with her.

I so understand how you feel also, Brady will be 10 soon and I have the same moments you do. The only thing we can do is live in the moment and love the best we can.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Thank you so much to everyone. 99% of the time I live in the moment, 1% I feel sad about what will happen. Judging from the above responses I am not alone in my feelings for my senior GH. And yes, it is all worth it 100%.

5621ebf0-6541-442b-a53f-100a3975572f_zps