The Many Faces Of Osteosarcoma

rycezmom

Guest IrskasMom

My Irska had Osteo and Supoda had that treated Desease to. They left a Hole in my Heart forever.

I so enjoy the Pictures ( I am totally inupt to post Pictures from Photobucket ) of all your Sweet Puppers .

Edited by IrskasMom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These pups are the reason The Miss Nellie Auction is so very important to us.....Think what we could do!

My little tiny magnolia, Miss Isabella (Kiowa Cee Carol) lost to Osteo in April after being with us for 11 1/2 years.

Bella455a.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

This thread is making me cry.

Lacey, our first Greyhound

LaceyDoug.jpg

Winnie (Sudden Wink)

Winatfence.jpg

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I hope Miss Isabella and the Duchess are sharing some rabbit etouffee.

The hounds are all beautiful.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I have had three:

Lucky (Lucky Omen)

LuckyRuns.jpg

Stretch (Rancho Stretch)

4619_1173449931943_3462795_n_zpsafbc624a

and

Bull (Deco Bull Ahead)

Hounds024.jpg

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

I hope Miss Isabella and the Duchess are sharing some rabbit etouffee.

The hounds are all beautiful.

I'm sure they are Marc. Isabella was a big fan of shrimp, so I can see a Po' Boy on the side! Miss Isabella would have been a New Orleans VooDoo Queen if I had allowed it. As it was, she ruled the Miami Hound House with all her 48 lbs of attitude and pushed all 85lbs of Gustopher P around the block on a regular basis. I do see her learning at the knee of The Duchess of Blackwood and GPJ bowing and scraping to the both of them. He always was a sucker for a beautiful girl !!

Whatisthinebiddinga.jpg

Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

This is a heart-wrenching post to see all the beautiful pups taken by this dreaded disease. And it only represents such a small handful.

My Charlie

DSC_0138-3.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

He will always be my boy and I miss him so.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

My Macho... My first greyhound. Our world. Gone too soon. 31800466.jpg

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Pretty Jackie. Such a sweet and gentle soul. 4/16/2001-4/14/2014. On April first I breathed a sigh that she would get to be a teenager soon and she had avoided the horrible disease despite my secret obsession. On the third I think it was I found the bump on her shoulder and she was just too old and weak in her hind end to tolerate a major amp (the bump was on her shoulder blade). On the morning of the fourteenth she was in much more pain and just looked at me to tell me she was too tired. The vet came by that morning.

IMG_0138_zps273ad7f3.jpg

IMG_0147_zpsd6142bfa.jpg

IMG_1006_zps4096a5d6.jpg

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

Heart wrenching. So many souls lost to that damn monster. So hard to see the pics of these beautiful hounds stolen from us.

I guess you can say I feel blessed not having lost a gh to Osteo. I have however, lost a collie, a horse and a dear friend to Osteo--I think 3 is enough. There are some pretty smart folks working on a cure/prevention--I really hope everyone will participate in the Miss Nellie Auction this year--let's make it the best one ever. Our hounds are counting on us!

Guest carriej

My sweet and special Freeman (Related Subjects) lost at only 8 years and 1 month of age to osteo. Lover of kitties, lover of everything, and gentle as a butterfly. I miss him everyday.

485553_10151642023755804_1086649278_n.jp

401164_10151634965710804_1829772050_n.jp

41272_457760965803_759260_n.jpg?oh=e2e83

As I scroll through these photos and look at all of these amazing angels it strengthens my resolve to keep working. To keep research on cancers in greyhounds going. There have been some amazing breakthroughs, and I just know that in my lifetime there will be better treatments, longer survivals and with hope a cure. Please help by donating an item to the Miss Nellie Auction.

My own addition to the gallery, my Miz Foxy the inspiration behind Hope for Hounds

b_1302301.jpg

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopeforhoundslogo.jpg

I know that we can never know the true number of hounds that we have lost to Osteo Sarcoma. I cannot fathom the number. However, I will not cry when I see these pictures of loved hounds, adored hounds, hounds that have blessed our lives, hounds who have held our hearts in theirs, only to be taken by this disease. I will celebrate them for the joy they have given us, the love they have returned and the mark that they have made on our hearts. Please continue to post your pictures so that we may remember them and to remind us of why the Miss Nellie Auction is so important to all of us and all of our hounds.

Our first greyhound Kira (Driven by Energy) was taken away from us much too soon because of Osteo. It was heartbreaking and not something I wish on anyone. Mommy misses you Kira Girl.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

• 2 weeks later...

My sweet Moxie....lost just last week as he was preparing to start his final portion of therapy dog certification....

94512c4130237a92f5838b7841c79b23_zpsd6ad

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Katie survived a front-leg amputation due to osteo in her right shoulder but succumbed to lymphoma two months later:

20130826_0002-M.jpg

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Of the 7 I've lost to cancer only 1 was osteo & as cancers go I have to say it isn't the worst, my Ebony had pancreatic cancer which was the most painful . Annie is fighting osteo in her right shoulder ( bone is mostly gone) but still has her 3 A's so I'll keep her as long as she wants. I hate cancer no matter what kind or what creature has it.

I hate that I have to post that I have lost 5 of my babies to osteo. I so hate this desease.

It was 11 yrs ago on Sept 11 2003 that I lost my first baby my first hound Van. :cry1 I miss each on every day.

Van & Connie both lost to osteo

vanconnie.jpg

Jojo

100_2278.jpg

Gracie

scan0039.jpg

Havok James

018_zpsdcc6208f.jpg

The thing that gets me thru each day is knowing that one day I will see them all again. :cry1

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra