Tasha

Guest k9soul

Guest k9soul

I have an appointment to get some professional help in a while because I just can't seem to cope. She was my heart dog, my calm in the storm, the one who jumped up and made sure she licked every last tear from my face when I was down. I've lost 3 dogs before her, but I've never felt anything like this.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest k9soul

I made this almost a year ago, because I knew her time was growing shorter. I wish I could go back in time, and sit with her there again.

I'm so very sorry :( :( :( you gave her the ultimate last gift of your love -- letting her be free of pain. She will always be alive in your heart :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:grouphug I know.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sorry the loss is so hard for you :( When my last family dog died, my dad was absolutely devastated. He literally walked around in a depressed daze for a good week or two and it took several months before he could talk about her without getting upset. He is somebody who has lived through a good amount of human loss, but I think this was one of the hardest things for him. She was literally his best friend. We were all very devastated (she will always be my heart dog and was very special) and everyone deals with these losses in a different way. Try to keep yourself busy and remember what a great life she had. You will get over this, it will just take some time and support. All dogs are special, but there are some that are true heart dogs and especially hard to let go. :beatheart Dogs accept loss and death so much better than we do, it is always much more difficult for us.

Guest k9soul

Thank you so much everyone. I had to have a visit with my psychiatrist because I'm just not doing well. You'd think one could handle the passing of a dog that has outlived many others, but it's just not that way.

Thank you again.

Guest k9soul

Thank you so much a_daerr. It's hitting me so much harder a week later than it did at first even.. I guess that's how it goes. That absence hits you more and more for a time like a punch to the gut. :grouphug for everyone's support.

I think the first day or two, you are still a bit numb, and there is the relief that don't have to worry about them anymore. After that, the numbness wears off and the pain and loss hit. They are not only a huge part of your life, but a constant presence, and that makes the loss so much worse :bighug I am glad you are getting help to cope.

Guest k9soul

I came across this poem. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before but it held a lot of comfort and meaning for me. Tasha is the first dog I've ever had to make the decision while she could still physically function, she had no discernible physical disease other than age taking its toll on her more and more. But I could see she was having fewer good days, and that often her eyes just looked resigned. She ate her breakfast that day with enjoyment, and her special chicken breast dinner with enjoyment. I tried my best to make it a good day for her, and the last she knew she was lying in her bed with me next to her, my arms around her.

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then will you do what must be done
For this—the last battle—can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand
But don't let grief then stay your hand
For on this day, more than all the rest
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears
You'd not want me to suffer, so
When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend
Only, stay with me until the end.
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
It is a kindness you do to me
Although my tail, its last has waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close—we two—these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Julia Napier

I've been away so didn't see this until today. My heart breaks for you. Thank you for taking such great care of Tasha, all the way to the end.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest k9soul

Thank you. Having a really hard time of it. Started thinking to myself I acted too soon and had to logically go through all that was happening with her and what was ahead for her and realize I did what was best for her. Keeping her with me to suffer more and more would have been selfish. It's hard not to be selfish when you just want your pup back.

Just sending some hugs. Second guessing yourself is normal. You know in your heart that you did the right thing even though it was (and still is) miserably hard.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Times of reflection, quiet times -- those are the hardest, aren't they? She was an amazing girl, to inspire such love.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

I still have times that are very difficult when I think of my Maya - I know how you feel. That's a beautiful poem - thank you for sharing it. I send you a :grouphug

Guest k9soul

I will get something nicer for her with time when I can afford... but for now, she is home again.

10576980_891158107565851_302587794770575

And I can't stop crying again. It's so hard.

{{{{{{{{{{Tasha's momma}}}}}}}}}}