Tasha

Guest k9soul

So very sorry for the loss of your sweet little Tasha.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss of Tasha. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:cry1 I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

What a special girl she was. I am so very sorry she has left.

Run free Tasha, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest k9soul

I feel even worse today. She wasn't beside me to cuddle when I woke up. She wasn't there to follow me and wait for her breakfast. She wasn't there to prepare her meal, using things I've found to entice her to eat. She wasn't there to go out the dog door as she always does after breakfast, and then come find me when she comes back in so she can settle somewhere near me. Her little face wasn't there to look at me, to touch. There's an emptiness. Not just in here but in me. I wish I could just sleep. Sleep so I don't have to feel this horrible grief.

My heart feels so broken.

:grouphug The first three days are the worst. Then they get different-better in tiny increments. Allow yourself to just go where you need to to get through this very challenging time, don't place any demands on yourself. I'm so sorry. How is Rudy doing? :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest k9soul

Rudy is fine. He never had a great relationship with her. She made him nervous with her stumbling and pacing. Raven was the one attached to her more. She seems quiet. More withdrawn. Obviously ate her breakfast (she is a lab mix after all). She came to bed with me after awhile last night but stayed in her usual spot near the foot of the bed.

I just want to show how I set things up for Tasha. I cleaned her big bed, the one I bought years ago for her and for my golden retriever to share. They both laid on it a lot. I washed her favorite fleece blanket, and put a fresh pillowcase on their pillow.

tumblr_n9nc1vmMnD1spqxn7o1_1280.jpg

She was given a sedative to calm. And then we laid together in the bed for a long while. I held her and stroked her and told her how good she was. I told her how much I loved her. That she wouldn't have to have another painful winter on her little joints, that she wouldn't have to worry about losing her bowel or bladder control, that she wouldn't have those nasty fall allergies. I told her she meant so much to me. And then when it was time, they gave her a shot and she passed in my arms. I held her. I watched her last few breaths. It didn't even seem like she was really gone. She still looked alive.

I let Raven and Raven come sniff her. Raven did a little but Rudy just wanted to charm the doctors and show how sweet and wonderful he is.

Later, they both sniffed the bed a bit.

I took up her dish and feeding area so that would not face me first thing in the morning. I'd rather just go back to sleep for awhile and not face it all.

Thank you everyone.

The first few days after are always the worst. The shock of the event has kind of worn off and the reality and constant reminders are there. I know what an awful and exhausting feeling it is. This is a normal process of grieving. Things WILL get better. It looks like she had a very peaceful passing.

What a stunner she was in her prime. Your photos were lovely, and brought me to tears.

I just lost my SkeeterBug (17 yo) a few weeks ago, and this brings it all back so fresh.

We loved them with all our hearts and gave them the best life any dog could wish for.

And when it was time, we allowed them to go in our arms, knowing how loved they are,

and that they will never be forgotten.....ever. Skeeter's harness & leash are still hanging

by the door.......his snart is still on the back glass of my suv. Every night, that spot by my

right shoulder where he snuggled is cold & lonely.

We'll stop crying, eventually, but we'll never forget how blessed we were to have had them

in our lives for so long.

Thinking of you........

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

What a lovely lady she was. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tasha.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a lovely girl. I'm so very sorry.

I love, and have loved, my greyhounds, but the mutts are so very special.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.