Argos El Galgo

GreytHoundPoet

You have a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it with us. I'm very sorry that you had to say goodbye to Argos, my condolences. :f_white

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful boy he was inside and out. Your journey together was far too short but what a journey it was. I am so sorry he left.

Run free Argos, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Shannon, what a beautifully written, heartfelt tribute to a beloved member of your family. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Argos. I always enjoyed reading stories about him and looking at pictures of that handsome boy.

Rest in peace, sweet Argos.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am so very, very sorry :cry1 he was so lucky to have found you both as him mom and dad :( and you both even more so to have him find you :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your loss...what a beautiful journey you shared.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest OPointyDog

What an amazing tribute and a beautiful story. I went to look at the photos, and I have to say the one of him on top of the giant stack of dog beds made me laugh through my tears. So sorry you lost your special boy.

I don't think I've ever read a more touching or poignant tribute.

Run free, Argos. Keep those bunnies on their toes...

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I loved reading about your special boy and thank you for sharing his story. Deepest condolences to all who loved him. Rest well, Argos.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Such a beautiful tribute. :brokenheart:cry1

Sleep well, Argos...

Big big hugs to you, Shannon. :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so very sorry. It is clear from both your stories and your photographs that Argos became a happy loved boy in your care. Your tribute to him is wonderful. Perfect. But it had to be posted several years too soon--I wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Argos.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Shannon :grouphug:(

It doesn't seem that it has been all that long since you went to the airport to pick him up. I was so excited for you and for Argos for the good life that I knew lay ahead for him. It saddens me to read of his passing and to know that he too is now gone. :cry1:weep

:f_red

I am sure he was all the things you said he was & more. What a handsome fellow he was. How sad for you & I wish he could have said longer with you

:bighug:brokenheart:bighug:brokenheart:bighug:brokenheart

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:cry1 I'm so sorry to see this. Your tribute was beautiful. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

What an amazing journey you both had together. He knew true love and comfort in your heart and home. He will always be with you.

Thank you for sharing your beloved with us and for all the galgos who found their forever homes because of your story.

Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses, Jan, Luka and Peace

How you loved him, and what a deep and profound bond you shared. The story of your life together is truly beautiful and inspiring.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Argos. I'm sure he will send you a sign that he is safe and watching over you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown