My Dog Ate My Clicker

I came home today to find the empty packaging for the dog-training clicker on the floor and no clicker. Will have to search the house and yard, and monitor Milo's input and output. Sigh.

Do I cross post this in Food and Dietary, or Health and Medical? :)

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I work in a library and we've had many dog training books come back chewed, but eating a clicker is a new one. I guess it must have smelled at least a little like training treats! I'll have to keep that in mind if I should leave ours out....

I hope all passes without an issue. (Did you check his teeth? Monty always has a bit of debris stuck in his teeth when he eats inappropriate stuff.)

Maybe you're dog can clicker train himself. If it is small enough, he should pass it.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Lillypad

There is a little irony in this dilemma. Never-the-less I share your concerns, hope he passes the clicker without any problems. Be sure to keep us up-dated.

I work in a library and we've had many dog training books come back chewed, but eating a clicker is a new one.

Hope Milo is OK and passes the clicker without incident. Our dogs took a dislike to Cesar Milan.

IMG_1956.jpg

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

No sign of the clicker. Milo is eating and pooping normally, so maybe it's somewhere in the yard.

Milo is :bow at the waffle iron

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

sweep up carefully- from what i have noticed the plastic parts are what dogs seem to like. emily ate the straps of her muzzle- i freaked, found the buckle behind the crate. feed her soft white bread soaked in lots of the oil to help it pass. (did that for the same dog who ate 1/2 of an ace bandage- it worked).the bread will go around the small metal tongue of the clipper if it's inside your pup and the oil will lubricate the intestines and colon. i guess she wanted to mark a behavior and repeat it?

After several months I'm still waiting to see if the tyre /wheel from a Lego truck is ever going to make its way through Chancey. I've never found it yet.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

After several months I'm still waiting to see if the tyre /wheel from a Lego truck is ever going to make its way through Chancey. I've never found it yet.

Stuff can stay in dogs' stomachs for a surprisingly long time (ask me how I know this :P). You may see it yet.

I have to say, every time I see the title of this thread I crack up. Obviously I hope Milo has no issues, but something about it being a clicker just amuses me. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Stuff can stay in dogs' stomachs for a surprisingly long time (ask me how I know this :P). You may see it yet.

How do you know this? :lol

I have to say, every time I see the title of this thread I crack up.

So do I. it reminds me of this pic:

Dog-Ate-The-Book.jpg

I also hope that he is okay.

Guest OPointyDog

Yes, we have experience with that, too. Mika once chewed the ears off a toy rabbit, and some of the ears passed through, but then eight days later he threw the rest up. And then tried to eat them again. :puke

Hope the clicker makes an appearance!!

Does that mean that you have been carefully examining all of his poops for several months? :huh:lol. You need to get yourself a hobby :rofl

Miss Sadi ate a Chinese water chestnut that I dropped, she obviously swallowed it whole and was unable , or unwilling to digest it because it made a re-entry four days later.....she barfed it up at about three in the morning, I was too tired to go and clear it up straight away (it was in our unused spare bedroom) and when I eventually got round to clearing it up I thought that it was a jaundiced eyeball :lol. I had quite forgotten what she had eaten four days earlier

Hopefully the clicker has "passed" unnoticed (without so much as a click ;) )

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT