Chance Opened Stitches...

Guest carriej

Guest carriej

So Chance had a biopsy yesterday for that dumb rash we can't get rid of. They took several of them, just to be sure.

Of course last night, despite our best efforts he undid a stitch. The other stitches from the other biopsy look fine. I called the vet, and they told me to wait until tomorrow and see what it looks like.

It looks pretty angry, but it's not oozing and seems dry.

I don't really know what to do with it, but it is very small and it was just a skin biopsy so not anything internal. I guess the question is do I go back and pay money for them to staple it? I feel like stapling it will just lead to him swallowing the darn staple... Due to it's location, he can reach it with a cone on and he knows how to get the stool guard off his muzzle and will lick it through that as well. Right now we have him in combo cone of shame and t shirt to keep him away from it. It's going to be a long week.

Oh did I mention he can also scratch it with his back foot?

The area looks like crap because it's rashy. Suggestions or advice?

10559714_10152541115560804_7496416038281

Guest normaandburrell

Wow, sounds like he is just determined to get at that area. If you trust your vet, take his advice, but if it gets restitched, how are you going to protect it?

I'd probably put a staple or two in it and then put a dang bandaid over it. Sock on the back foot so he can't scratch so effectively.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest carriej

We have been monitoring it and it totally scabbed over, and dry now. However now it's itchy as HECK! He can take the sock off his foot with the cone on... So the sock over the foot was a fail. Plus then he tries to eat the sock, so we are losing the sock.

He is so determined. My husband and I have been trading shifts sleeping on the couch to make sure he doesn't get at it, as he usually won't try to do it unless we aren't watching.

My vet isn't so worried, it was a skin biopsy that didn't even bleed on that side and the bigger biopsy is still all stitched up. I just hope we can keep him away from it until Tuesday when the stitches come out.

Guest carriej

Chance is the most non-greyhound greyhound that I know. He's like a Labrador imposing as a greyhound. He is absolutely insane!

But I love him lots :beatheart:beatheart

You have to tape the sock on.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest carriej

With what kind of tape? We tried wrapping some of that cling-bandage type stuff you can buy at the vets office (I have no idea what it's called) but he chewed that off over night... I thought about using tape but I figured he would eat that too.