Hound And Human Introduction.

Guest Bhamgreyt

Guest Bhamgreyt

Just wanted to say hello. I am the proud papa to an 8yo fawn female named Lila. We've had her for 4 years now and all I can say what an amazing dog.

My youngest daughter who was 6 at the time we got Lila was irrationally terrified of just about any animal. We took Lila home conditionally and after about 5 days, Lila "taught" my daughter to get past her fear of dogs.

My mom lives about 4 hours away and can't be around "big dogs" after being attacked by shepards as a teenager. She now regularly spoils Lila and insists we bring Lila whenever we go visit.

I can't believe I haven't found this site sooner. I stumbled on it by mistake in doing some searches. Lila was limping two weeks ago. She's doing a lot better now. The "greyhound whisperer" at the track said its a pulled tendon in her paw.

Second search and news is that we just adopted a sweet brindle girl. She comes home the second week in August.

Someone mentioned a FB page where adopters can connect with breeders. I'd love to join that too if anyone can point me in the right direction. I'm very interested in finding info about the breeder who's dogs racing names start with LK.

Hope to be here often!

Guest normaandburrell

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new dog. We are on our second grey, and both of them have been great dogs with childrenand people who are "afraid" of dogs.

Welcome to GT! :welcome2

My mother was also attacked by a large dog as a child, so naturally was afraid of Sammi when I first adopted her. Sammi taught her that not all big dogs are scary. For the next few years until my mother passed away, Sammi was her beloved grandpup, spoiled kitchen help, and finally quiet nursemaid.

:rules Rule #1 about Greytalk:

:digicam Pictures are loved, looked at, welcome, encouraged and... well.. borderline a requirement! :lol

Welcome from Delaware. We are getting a new girl in August, too.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Bhamgreyt

Here's the brindle we're adopting in August. She's the one in the front with the white socks. This pic was actually in the paper on a story they ran on adoptions at the track:

download_zpsd5850c26.jpg

Here's Lila vegging out on her latest addition from the "Bed of the Month" club (Ha!).

download1_zpsc7266bfd.jpg

Edited by Bhamgreyt

Guest Bhamgreyt

Thanks for the welcomes so far! I think I'm now compliant with the obligatory pic posts! Great to meet so many people that share in the love of this amazing breed.

Edited by Bhamgreyt

My Lila and I say hello to you and your Lila!

My girl is a red fawn and will be 8 in September. Like your Lila she has won over non-dog people and has been an absolute joy.

Congrats on adding a second.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest Bhamgreyt

Hi Jerilyn. I saw your sig on another thread when I stumbled in here and thought "How cool is that, another fawn Lila!"

Hello and welcome to you and Lila! She's lovely and so is your new girl. I hope you visit often and post lots of pictures of your girls.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Lila sounds wonderful and I'm sure your brindle beauty will be, too. I'm a sucker for dogs with sock and stocking markings.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 2 weeks later...

Lila's a beauty!! And the new girl is drop dead gorgeous!!! (I love the brindles...) Congrats, and welcome to GT!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge