Music Cd For Thunderstorms Etc

Guest brit1

Guest brit1

Just wondering how many people have found it helpful to play a CD like "Through A Dogs Ear" for anxious dogs? If so which one was helpful, they have 3. I also saw a lot of recommendations for a CD called "The Divinity of Dogs" with people claiming it was also helpful. Thanks brit

For years we have kept Janet Marlow's "Zen Dog" CD playing most of the time and I swear it has calming powers. I recently found this link for Through a Dogs Ear and have been meaning to share it.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Houston1219

I don't have dog specific albums but I have found that my yoga and dance music soothes the Thunder phobe in our house.

Yoga/meditation music is the only thing that puts my infant niece to sleep. It is indeed magic!

Guest OPointyDog

We use Through a Dog's Ear. Our CD is a few years old - I think probably just their Volume 1 It's just classical music played slowly and sedately on a piano, with a very even volume. Very soothing and calming.

Originally we got it to soothe Mika's barking at night, but it didn't really help with that. It did help with Zoe's thunder phobia, though. We use it when we know there will be storms overnight. I've even used it for naps sometimes - it makes me sleepy too!

I have through a dog's ear. I don't think it did much for either of my dogs at all. We now leave on talk radio (NPR) and plenty of fans to make white noise.

The CD was lovely, I play it for my students at work. I don't know about them, but it calms me, LOL. :-)

If at all possible, borrow a copy before you (possibly) waste the money. It's a classical/piano music cd, I did not personally find it to be anything special.

Guest chickenpotpie

Since I'm an amazon prime member, I generally turn on one of my classical playlists. I still need to put something over the poor dogs head though :hehe

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering how many people have found it helpful to play a CD like "Through A Dogs Ear" for anxious dogs?

Just saw this thread. We have (and love) the iCALM device (lasts 4 hours). http://throughadogsear.com/icalmdog/

We also have the full CD set, but if you don't have a multi-CD player, playing time is limited to your player. Each CD's duration is approximately one hour.

Agree that it puts humans to sleep nicely too! ;)

We rarely have any thunderstorms, so can't comment on the noise phobia series.

I'll add that the iCALM series we have is not as great for loud fireworks because there are too many silent pauses within and between songs. Non-stop, lively music with many instrumental/note changes works better to drown out loud fireworks. That coupled with white noise (like from a loud fan) works great for us.

Thunderstorms are different since electromagnetic fields are thought to play a role with thunderphobic dogs. Some dogs (but not all dogs) benefit from a Thundershirt too.

When one of my whippets started to get frightened at thunder & fireworks I started playing music CDs to "disguise" the sounds, the only trouble then was that when I played music at any other time he started showing the stress signs - he had learnt that music = bangs!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.