One Walk Or Two -- How Do You Know?

Guest greyhound_in_LA

Guest greyhound_in_LA

:nod Very special. Here is that story I mentioned earlier. Thank you for indulging me.

Oh! Haha, I would have loved to hear that roo game. That is awesome!

Guest CleverJason

Some days we don't walk at all

:eek

Especially in the summer ... My guys don't like the heat.

Same here. On an ideal day, my boy gets a short walk in the morning before work (half a mile) and a long walk in the evening (about 2 miles). But he's a total baby when it comes to the heat. If it's above 80 degrees, he really doesn't mind skipping it.

Same here. On an ideal day, my boy gets a short walk in the morning before work (half a mile) and a long walk in the evening (about 2 miles). But he's a total baby when it comes to the heat. If it's above 80 degrees, he really doesn't mind skipping it.

80? Sammi is glaring at me if it is above 75! :lol

(It seems that Her Royal Highness likes the temps to stay between 68-72)

It's hard for me to gauge how much walking he got when he was at the blood bank. They have 150-200 greyhounds there and not enough kennel staff to provide long walks to each dog every day. Volunteers help out there, but also it's hard to gauge that.

I wouldn't bet on them getting very long walks while at Hemopet. I don't think they want the current blood donors going off property (because they are housed in a "closed colony" and aren't exposed to outside dogs) so the minimal staff and volunteers only walk them around inside the property, which isn't really that large.

If you have the time and inclination, I would say two walks a day is fine. Definitely walk early and late if you can. While I live in Orange County, I was in LA yesterday searching for a lost greyhound and came across hiking and walking trails in Runyon Canyon. That place is awesome! You get a great view of LA while walking the trails....some trails are dirt and some are paved. No bicycles are allowed. Most people had their dogs on leashes, but there were one or two who didn't. I don't know if you've ever been there but if you haven't, you might want to try it sometime.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest greyhound_in_LA
While I live in Orange County, I was in LA yesterday searching for a lost greyhound and came across hiking and walking trails in Runyon Canyon.

Oh yeah, I heard about that! I'm glad you all found her!

• 1 month later...

I think my Aidan would walk all day if I let him. I feel bad on mornings like today where it is raining cats and dogs and its just to bad out to take him. I don't even want to move from the couch because every time I get up to do anything he does too thinking I've finally decided to take him for his morning walk.