Hello From Indiana

Guest SpeedBump

Guest SpeedBump

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to make myself known. My husband and I hail from Indiana and were adopted by our first grey not quite two weeks ago. His name is Everett (registered CTW Oh Brother). He raced in Alabama and has been off the track a month or two, and was in a foster home for about 3-4 weeks before he came to us. He's a handsome fellow, if I do say so myself, and we've gotten quite a few compliments already :) It's been great to see him settle in and open up more. Watching him attack one of the toys for the first time was super entertaining! His favorite hobbies include sleeping, eating, sleeping, going outside for walks, sleeping, and getting his ears scratched. Did I mention sleeping? Hah! He's been very quick to adjust, crates quietly, and hasn't had any accidents in the house. We're already hopelessly in love with his goofy personality :beatheart

I'm sure you'll see me around, especially with questions about food. We've kept him on the same diet from the foster home, but it doesn't seem to agree with him. Not sure how long we should wait to know if it's stress from the transition or truly a problem with the food.

I'm familiar with the picture "rules" but the forum is giving me fits when I try to add any. I have them uploaded to photobucket and have linked from there to other forums before. When I click the Image button here, a box pops up to put the link in. I do, but then none of the buttons will work. I can't submit, cancel, or x out, it just freezes. I've never had that problem with my computer, so I'm not sure what's up. Any help?

(Also, when I do get pics posted, please excuse him wearing a martingale in the house. The flat tag collar we ordered for him hadn't come yet when I took the pictures.)

Welcome to GT.

To post pics from Photobucket, just copy the IMG link from Photobucket and paste it into your post. No need to use the IMG button.

I only use the IMG button if linking to a photo or video on a public website.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest SpeedBump

Ok, let's try this again...

DSCN5059_zps25d9b6a7.jpg

DSCN5045_zpsaec46214.jpgDSCN5065_zpse7971d0e.jpgffde8d03-f91d-4363-8a03-87514cda77f1_zps

ETA: Um, not sure why the last one is a different size, but at least it worked! Thanks for the help, Time4ANap

Edited by SpeedBump

No problem. Photobucket tends to do strange things with sizing. You never know what you're going to get until it posts... :bgeorge

Everett is a very handsome dude!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome to GT...no wonder you're in love...he's so handsome

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from Virginia and Everett is very handsome.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

So black -- so glossy -- so handsome! Welcome to you and Everett.

Have you asked the foster family how he did on that food while he was with them?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest SpeedBump

Thanks for all the compliments!

Have you asked the foster family how he did on that food while he was with them?

No, I hadn't thought to ask, but I definitely will.

HI from Fort Wayne!

We're pretty close to you (Warsaw area). Small world :)