Anyone Having A Problem With Tractor Supply 4Health Grain Free?

So we have had Frostie for a little over 3 months and have been feeding him Tractor Supply's 4Heath Grain Free Whitefish & Potato. He has been doing really well on in until now. His poops are fine but he is now refusing to eat it. I though about getting another flavor of their Grain Free variety and mixing it so see if I can get him to start eating it but maybe he is telling me there is something wrong with this bag. It is fairly new. I threw in a handful of some Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream that I receive in sample bags and he will eat it then. I'm afraid to switch his food if I don't have to because I did accidently buy the TS 4Heath non grain free and his poops never got solid. I guess I could always try the infamous Iams green bag that seems to fix everything.

I use the 4Health Beef & Potato. I have had a few bad bags recently. Watch the codes on the bag. I have found that the bags that have an AL (plant) are the better bags. I can't use the fish because it gives my dogs loose stools. My dogs do very well on the 4Health, stools are great, coats are very soft & shiny, no tummy upsets.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Well, I sent Tractor Supply an email asking if there were any formula changes because my dog has gone oof the food. I mentioned he was still wanting treats and he would eat the food if I mixed it with another brand. I received an email back from them stating they were unaware of any formula changes, but that I should not hesitate to bring in the unused portion of the bag to exchange or for a refund. So it looks like I'll be going to TS tomorrow to exchange the food. I am just happy that TS is attempting to make it right, when I didn't even ask. Now I just have to figure out what type of food to get him. I'm thinking ill still go with the 4health grain free but maybe a different flavor.

I've been using 4 Health grain free for a while now. I used the regular 4 Health before the grain-free became available here. My dog does really well on it. I usually switch flavors every bag. I did 2 bags of Salmon and Potato in a row, and she refused to eat the 2nd bag. I just blew it off as "Diana is quirky". I haven't bought any fish flavors since, though. As soon as I got another kind she started eating and his been fine through a few bags of beef, chicken, whatever. I also use their canned as an add-in when it gets hot outside and she's not keen to eat. I used to switch between a couple brands, but I'm sticking with all 4 Health right now.

ETA: It's great that they tried to make it right by you, even if they didn't know of any problem.

Edited by sobesmom

Just thought I would throw this out there...I needed to change my foster dog's food and tried a bag of Diamond's new grain free Beef. (Our kennel now uses DN Beef/Rice). She is doing great on it. Might be another alternative for you if you are still having problems.

ETA: I am still feeding the 4health to my own dogs, but it is great to know if I have any problems I will have another beef food to fall back on.

Edited by Fostr_Mom

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

• 2 weeks later...