Homeopathic Medicines For Osteo? Couldn't Hurt?

Guest beetle_slayer

Guest beetle_slayer

I have used the search function but have not found what I need. My 6yr old girl was diagnosed Tuesday with OSA and will have amputation next Wednesday. OSU is sending 4 doses of Carboplatin.

Are any of you using homeopathic treatments and if so, what is the success you are having. I'm realistic about her prognosis but it couldn't hurt to try a little homeopathic treatment.

Right now she is just doing "sun therapy" (sunbathing which she loves to do!)

Any good links which first hand experience would be nice.

Thanks!

You may want to look in the Osteo thread here in H&M. We did some holistic stuff for Charlie and I

Like to think it helped him have a happy 21mths post amp.

Edited as I see you found the 'Osteo Club' thread but may not have seen the 'Osteo Thread Part 8'. The first page has good information.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I guess I can't be positive that it helped Winnie get 3 1/2 years after the amp, but I gave her artemisinin every day. There is a good bit of info on it out there, and you can order it online---do so from a reputable company.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My friend lost her girl to osteo post amp and now her heart dog, Radio has it in his back leg. She is not amputating this time around. She has done the following, mixing western and homeopathic:

Pamidronate IV, which is strengthening the bone

Xray, which has shrunk the tumor in the bone

K-9 Immunity from Aloha Medicininals (she and others I know who have had hounds with osteo swear by this stuff)

and, she used these for her girl, they were recommended by her vet:

Cellular Forte w/IP-6

Agaricus Bioi

Agaricus Extract Mate

Onco Support

Platinum Performance

Nutrigest

Radio is doing really well, 2 weeks after xrays he is not limping at all!

Sending good thoughts to you and your girl.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest beetle_slayer

Thank you for the replies. From a local woman I spoke with, she said Dr. Couto didn't recommend artemisinin because there was not enough evidence it worked. I have strongly considered it.

As far as prescribed meds, she will get the 4 rounds of Carboplatin from OSU. After that, I am not aware of any other meds she will be on.

I have read about K9 immunity.

So much to rear and digest. She has been walking on her leg with a slight limp. Like anybody I would not amputate unless I thought is was necessary. I feel that she has ZERO chance if I don't amputate.

3 1/2 years!!! Amazing. I am just in tears thinking how lucky you are to have that opportunity.

Thank you all for the insight. I have a 4.5 yr old boy also. Just naughty rotten angels! I'm trying to be reasonable and have hope and not desperate and waste time and money.

Jon