K9 Advantix

I took Magic to the vet today for what I thought may be an ear infection and the vet discovered he had fleas. I put his K9 Advantix on him last week. He also had a bath on Thursday. Has anyone else had a problem with K9 Advantix not working? I know some places in the US that Frontline wasn't as effective.

The vet gave him a flea collar (Seresto) as well as a pill at the office.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Both Frontline Plus and K9 Advantix II eventually failed for Aston. He was then turned to Comfortis, and now Trifexis (Comfortis + a HW med). I put a Preventic collar on him if he's headed to tick country.

I suppose no method is perfect in very bad flea seasons. Aston got breakthrough fleas (and a resulting tapeworm infection), I believe, after we switched to Comfortis. I now give it to him every 4 weeks exactly instead of waiting until the "same day of each month" (i.e., June 4, July 4, Aug 4). Hopefully that will help :(

Guest chickenpotpie

I was told by my vet that its best to rotate treatments. We're on K9 advantix II this year and so far its been pretty nice, I've only had to pull one tick off her, and thankfully no fleas.

In between all that, I use this stuff.

OFF! PETS Flying Insect Repellent Dog Spray

http://www.amazon.com/OFF-Flying-Insect-Repellent-chemicals/dp/B00K0O0W2W

The ingredient list is good, but you can't use it on cats. (I also use it on myself with better than average success as I do not like to use deet on my skin if I can help it

Active ingredients

Rose Geranium Oil 0.25%

perpermint Oil 0.25%

Lemongrass Oil 0.25%

Thyme Oil 0.25%

Cinnamon oil 0.25%

Other than Amazon, the only other place I've seen it is PetSmart. I have 6 bottles though I'm thinking I should stock up because its so hard to find (maybe discontinued??)