Thoughts And Prayers For Duke, Please!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you can see Duke more often now that they're letting you. He needs to know you're still in the picture so he has a reason to fight on.

You are much loved, Duke, by your family and far and wide!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

This is such a promising update. Good thoughts and fingers crossed that Duke is turning the corner and will continue to improve each time you see him.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Duke passed away this morning at 6am. At 4:10am they called because his heart rate was over 200 and they thought he might go into cardiac arrest. We went over and sat with him for about half an hour while they administered more plasma. He seemed to be doing better so they had us go home. The plan was to meet again at 8am. Shortly before 6am Duke started having trouble breathing again and then his heart rate slowed and stopped. We rushed over but we were too late to be with him.

Thank you again for all your support and prayers. I cannot describe how much we miss Duke. He was the happiest boy you can imagine. He loved to sing and talk, and he spent nearly every waking moment with his mommy. They were inseparable. We had four precious years with him. Please hug your greys for us.

Victor, Shihmei, and Joy

My heart goes out to you in your loss.

You and your vets gave him your all, and I'm so sorry that wasn't enough to pull him through whatever went wrong.

Godspeed, good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no, how sad. I'm so very sorry. We were all hoping for a better outcome :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

You all, everyone on Team Duke, fought so hard and pulled out all the stops to give Duke every opportunity. You should never have any regrets about any aspect of your boy's care. I am just so, so very sorry that he was called from you so soon. He knew you were there with him this morning. :grouphug x a lot

Godspeed brave boy.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very sorry. You all fought so hard. Wishing you peace and comfort - the hole they leave behind is huge.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am beyond words. Your boy and you fought so hard. I am terribly sorry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing this journey with us - hopefully this community can help you mourn and heal, too.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest greytone

I am so sorry to hear that Duke has now passed. He fought hard and now he can rest. Losing one of these dogs never easier but over time, you just realize that you need another greyhound in your life to make you whole again..

I'm so sorry. Our hearts have broken with yours. You and Duke put up a truly valiant fight.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).