Thoughts And Prayers For Duke, Please!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alannamac

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Duke. What a handsome fellow. Hoping that they can turn this thing around soon so he's more comfortable and you can worry less.

:hope Healing thoughts and prayers for your boy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Good thoughts for Duke and you. I really hope the mess work and your boy comes back home to you soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thinking of your handsome boy this morning.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Thanks, everyone! The ER vet hasn't called yet, so we're assuming that's good news. She said she'd call right away if Duke took a turn for the worse. Otherwise the plan is for her to call with an update after rounds this morning (around 10am).

The vet just called with an update. Duke is hanging in there! They put him on lidocaine last night for the cardiac arrhythmia. The pressure in his abdomen is still elevated ("17cm of water"), but it's not as high as it was yesterday, so she's not as worried about organ failure. Unfortunately he's still losing fluids due to the bloody diarrhea, and his oncotic pressure is low (8). They're giving him more plasma now. They're also continuing to adjust the heparin dosage; last night his clotting time was too long so they reduced the amount of heparin, but then this morning it was too short so they had to increase it again. They're doing another blood test now to check his kidney and liver function.

The vet said Duke is sedated from the pain meds, but he's conscious and responds to his name. She's going to call later with an update and to arrange a time for us to see him this afternoon.

Continued prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jeez, you must be stressed out. Continued goor thoughts for your boy. I want him to come home to you just as he was before this onset.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

We just got back from visiting Duke. He's in pretty rough shape. :sad1 They had to drain a liter of fluid from his abdomen this afternoon because he was having trouble breathing. They're giving him another 2 units of plasma to counteract his low protein levels. The downside of the plasma is that it offsets the anticoagulation of the heparin, so they have to keep adjusting the dose to keep Duke's clotting time where it needs to be. On the plus side the blood test they did earlier showed that his kidneys and liver are still functioning normally.

What a tough time for all of you :( . Keeping up the "please get better!" thoughts for your dear boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

OMG how scary. Hang in there Duke and get better.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Hang in there. I know it's hard.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.