Bringing In A Boy

I'm seriously considering a second hound. Walter and I even have it narrowed down to two boys to pick from. Have you ever had or heard of having any issues with two boys? My greygroup fully supports me, thinks it'll be fine. I guess I'm just worried that since it is just me, will it be harder with two versus one?

I have a crate, I have 4 dog beds, plus my queen bed (for me). I'm worried, now that I know all the things that can go wrong, I'm worrying. I know the worrying is partially valid because I've heard the horror stories, but I've also heard such great things about having a second hound. Walter does not have SA, he's happy as pie being a single dog so am I messing with greatness here or ..?'

ugh!

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

I have only one Greyhound but if I desired another one as much as you do and my group supported me as yours is, I'd go for it, assuming you can financially afford it. Your post reads as though your heart really wants one of those boys.

Most people, including me, think it's the personalty mix rather than the gender mix that's important. And you won't really know the personality mix until a few months in. But most greys get along just fine.

My first hound was happy getting all the attention and bed space as an only, and she and hound #2 did not turn into best buddies. But they obviously enjoyed doing "dog things" outside together. Evidently it's much more interesting to go for a walk, sniff, etc., if you have another hound to exchange notes with. :)

It's so much fun to watch 2 together. Plus, you don't feel as guilty when you leave 2 at home instead of just 1. My saying has been that having 2 instead of one is 0 times more trouble, definitely 2 times more expense, but 4 times more fun. Enjoy!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I have 6 males and one female. To me it's not so much the sex as it is the personalities of the dogs involved. All my males get along just fine. That's not to say there wasn't a little grumbling going on in the beginning until they figured out their place in the pack but that was the most that happened. My guys are all pretty laid back and just go with the flow.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Two boys, huh? Let's ask Henry and Truman...

97492ffe-ab42-4c73-a03a-83b018ed9bd9_zps

ab48e892-bbae-47cc-bf69-e4c9b14a6012_zps

3874e6aa-4176-44ae-a605-17e9db63a269_zps

f9217480-7803-4a8b-a544-740269299f9e_zps

ff3636a5-d686-4177-832c-fee23e28edac_zps

They clearly hate each other. :lol

Seriously, though. I think boys are great. Mine are super bonded, and they really do have a fun, cool "brotherly" relationship.

Have to agree with those who say the sex doesn't matter.

Nixon and Nigel snark at each other ....and Ruby snarks at both of them!

And the next thing you know, they're sharing the fouton :dunno

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

As greyhounds are raised in packs, there are rarely any problems. I personally think two boys are much more apt to get along than either two girls, or a boy and a girl.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I have two boys. They have been in a mix of two boys and girl and are fine together now for over two years since the girl left. My daughter has a male lab with her male grey.

BluesBrothers1.jpg

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I LOVE THEIR HATS!

That's their Blue's Brothers impersonation.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds