Can Osteo Be Above The Elbow/behind Chest Area?

Hi Pongo had clean x-rays about a month ago but limping progressively worse and now the area above his elbow around his chest (hard to describe) is very hard and he can't walk today. Stopped eating too. We are going back to the vet tomorrow but have no pain meds for him. Prednisolone didn't work. Just wondering if this could be osteo. He is 12.

Susan and Pongo

Osteo can occur in any bone in any part of the body, but most often occurs in the longer larger bones of the leg, shoulder and hip.

Good luck.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Yes, it can. Do you know Kim, who lived with Sebbie in Kitchener? He had osteo in his ribcage. I hope this isn't the case with sweet, sweet Pongo.

Treasure had clean x-rays and I was told she had a soft tissue injury. Her limp worsened so I took her in for laser treatments. We repeated the x-rays and it turned out she had osteo. I think it is very possible to the symptoms to appear before the lesion shows up on x-rays. Good luck :goodluck

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Our friends dog, Major, had osteo in his rib cage. He was being treat for CHF, in error. I wish you good luck with your boy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds