Dental Estimate Costs

Scott saw a former customer that was in need of his services again. She works at a local vet's office and she said many interesting things. I called the office the next day and they positively answered all my questions and they have all the fancy equipment. She was very nice, patient and really tried to help and put my fears at ease. I got to thinking about dentistry. Do I really need someone super trained? We're not doing implants, bone grafts, crowns, etc.

So I decided to at least get a second opinion and Babe has an appointment on July 19. They do their dentals early in the morning so she would come home the same day. I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with that but at least I am exploring another possibility.

I did google Animal Medical Center and a lot of different vet office came up. There is one in Ft. Lauderdale but I'm not sure that's what carronstar meant.

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Sounds like a solid plan. We do some pretty narly, extensive dentals-99.99% of the patients go home the same day & for a lot less then the price you were given. Have you given thought about going to a university? How close are you to U of Fl??

Thanks tbhounds. That's encouraging. Gainesville is about 315 miles. We're north of Miami a little and Gainesville is around the top of the state. I was wondering if all have a blood tinged drool after all those extractions or does that stop by the time they go home? Is your vet one with regular hours or a 24/7 hospital?

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Many patients do go home with blood tinged saliva-clients are always warned of that --we haven't taught any of our patients to bite on rolled gauze yet :-). One thing we do always do is send every gh that had extractions home with Amicar to prevent post operative bleeding.

Edited to add-we are not a 24/7 hospital. We have very, very rarely needed to keep a pet overnight or refer them out for overnight care--actually can't remember the last time we did and we perform dentals 3-4 days a week and as I mentioned before-some of these dentals are pretty intense.

Edited by tbhounds

I will let you all know how the appointment goes on the 19th. I'm looking forward to it knowing what's happening out there in GT land. :nod