Abdominal (Peritoneal) Adhesions In Italian Greyhound

Guest SusanP

Guest SusanP

It's been years since I posted on here, and now this post is not about one of my big greyhounds, but about a little Iggy who recently joined our family. During laproscopic surgery to remove undscended testicles, it was discovered that all of his abdominal organs are stuck to each other and to the walls of his abdomen by adhesions. We are looking at a different kind of surgery with another surgeon to find and remove the testicles now, and we've been told if that goes ok, our little Harvey should be ok from here on out.

But I see articles about such adhesions causing pain and even bowel obstructions later in life.

Has anyone ever had anything like this in one of their dogs, do you know the cause of the adhesions, and how did the dog do as the years went by?

Edited by SusanP

Guest SusanP

Thanks, MP_the4pack...He's so scrappy and active and happy there is no sign of pain at this point--I'm mostly worrying about the future. The vet was honestly shocked at the situation in his gut. We're sort of reeling over the news, here.