So... when I first adopted Sammi, i went through the not wanting to poop on lead with her (Amazing how you can remember the event, but forget the aggravation that went with it :lol ) Training was first a double lead and all the time needed to get the idea, Then one lead, then a time frame. Always treat & praise when she pooped. Sammi is so well trained now, that she is great for traveling because every time I stop for her to stretch her legs, it's 1&2. Unfortunately, in her old age, she is going both about 4 trips outside a day.

So when we adopted L&R, we knew that they would have difficulties with going on lead and I was prepared with treats, time and praise. Just wasn't counting on all the rain! Ugh.

Both Lynni and River were taking 40+ minutes EACH the first week to do their #2's, if at all!! Most days, I could get an AM & PM Poop out of them, some days, tho, it was only 1 poop at night. They are fed 2x a day + lunch and bedtime large biscuits & various smaller training treats. Pooping on lead resulted in TONS of praise and a treat right then and there. (Oh, Sammi was loving all this because she was momma's little helper and showing them the ropes- which meant that SHE was getting treats again after producing poop :lol )

The next week, they were down to 20 minutes EACH (mostly).

This week, I started the "You have 10 minutes, otherwise we're going inside and trying again in an hour or so."

This morning, Breakfast was at 7:15am. Sammi, because she can't hold her morning potty very long after she eats (partly age, partly training from when I worked- she got used to going out right after she ate & before I left for work) is the first to go out the door at 7:20. Then River, then Lynni. Lynni and I are walking back in the door at 7:34 :yay 14 minutes, all three went 1&2!! :yay /victory dance

And it's not oppressively humid, it's not raining, which means that L&R were able to take their morning walk after my coffee!!

Yay! I had a hard time with Lynni in my fenced yard. I think the longest was 45 minutes but she got it down to about 10 minutes. I did notice that she seemed to like her privacy and would go in the farthest corners of the yard. Good job you guys!

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Yay! I had a hard time with Lynni in my fenced yard. I think the longest was 45 minutes but she got it down to about 10 minutes. I did notice that she seemed to like her privacy and would go in the farthest corners of the yard. Good job you guys!

It seems that a treat in hand, and one at a time with the hounds (even if there is 2 of us home atm) is the trick to speeding up Lynni & River. Otherwise they get too distracted with someone else out with them.