No Leaning Or Roaching After 6 Months

Guest CleverJason

Guest CleverJason

Just curious — My grey, Baron, never leans or roaches. Baron does give kisses, cuddles, plays hard and loves being pet, so there's no lack of affection. Does anyone else have a greyhound like that?

Edited by CleverJason

Give him time. Some dogs never roach or lean. My first greyhound never roached and my second greyhound wasn't much of a leaner.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

All greys are different. Some never roach or lean. It took us over a year to catch our grey girl Darcy in a roach. She still doesn't roach very often. Meanwhile, Celeste and Bonny practically live upside down.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

My Annie has never roached and since she's been with me for three years, I doubt it will happen. I'm envious of those who have Greys who do. Annie is a leaner --- any leg as long as it's attached to a human is fair game for her.

We've had Nixon for 4+ years and he has never roached or attempted to do so...and has never even attempted to play with any sort of toy.

He's not a 'kisser' either.... but he is a leaner.

Ruby is very independent and never leans on us. She never climbs on the couch or bed and hardly ever roaches.

In 3 years we have never heard her bark!

She does like to lean on the boys and will often rest her head on one of their backs.

She's indifferent to toys...unless Nigel has one. Then she wants it!

Nigel only roaches if he's on the love seat, which is infrequently.

He is a big leaner and likes to snuggle....but only with me.

Loves squeakies...for about 3 minutes.

As you can see....every hound is different!!!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Sammi took forever to roach. Each time we've moved, she took a while to start roaching again. She leaned the day I went to sign the papers for her adoption and bring her home, cuddled with my son on the futon within minutes of coming home, and then backed off in the affection/cuddling area for a few months.

River and Lynni were both roaching within days of coming home. Major leaners (River can take out your legs by pressing the back of your knees if you aren't aware that she is there <_< )

A friend, who has had about 10 greys in her life, has only had 2 roachers and not all leaned.

Some do, some don't. I've had dogs walk in straight off the hauler and roach a couple of hours later and dogs that never did. I'd say I've had more roachers than leaners. Best leaner ever was Romeo Ponce that I sprung from the Lubbock pound. When I went into his kennel at the pound he almost knocked me down leaning.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest CleverJason

Thanks for all the input. I guess Baron just doesn't have a lean/roach predilection, but it sounds like that's pretty normal.

Guest k9soul

Rudy doesn't roach either. He is a big leaner though. Some hounds aren't very kissy or cuddly, they are all different. It sure sounds like Baron is happy, regardless! :)

Birdie has never roached or leaned in the 10 years she has been here. Our new boy has been leaning since the minute we met him and roaching since his first night. All depends on the dog.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey