Please Keep A Good Thought For Greta

Guest lynne893

Guest lynne893

Our wonderful (with the exception of poop eating) Greta has had a limp in her back leg these past 24 hrs. We noticed it on our short walk yesterday. She kind of shook her leg funny and we noticed it was quivering a little bit and she is mildly limping.

She was panting and pacing heavily last night, which is mainly attributable to fireworks in our 'hood (Mexico had a big win in wWorld Cup so there were big celebration fireworks) but she was panting again today (some small firecrackers during afternoon today). I also noticed a slight quivering/limp today.

I told DH absolutely NO running for her through Friday and if she's still limping Friday I'll take her to vet Saturday.

Please send a good thought that it's just a little sprain or something.... and it goes away by Friday. She's only 8.5.

xo

UPDATE Sunday morning 6/29:

Took Greta and Stella to vet this morning (more out of concern for the rough, scaly patch on Greta's ear-- fearing it might be ringworm). Vet thoroughly manually examined Greta's back leg and found no reason for concern. Said to keep an eye on it and let him know if she seems to limp again.

She does have a bacterial infection in her ear and looking at Stella this morning, Stella also had a small similar looking patch on her ear which he thinks must also be bacterial. He gave them drops and took cultures to send to lab to test for ringworm, though the patch didn't glow in the blacklight device thing and he said it didn't present like classic ringworm.

Fingers crossed that the labs come back negative on ringworm, that the bacterial drops work and that the Vectra flea meds he prescribed kill those little m'f'ing fleas!

Edited by lynne893

Good thoughts for Greta, I hope it's nothing serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending good thoughts for Greta, hoping its nothing serious and that the fireworks stop soon too.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Sending good thoughts for Greta and calm thoughts for you and DH.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest lynne893

Her limp isn't worse but I'm taking her in to vet tomorrow morning. I also noticed this week that she has a scaly, irritated patch on her ear which now I'm freaked out might be ringworm or mange or something.

I'm 5mo pregnant and this is about the last thing I need... poor Greta....

Will update tomorrow.

Guest lynne893

Took Greta and Stella to vet this morning (more out of concern for the rough, scaly patch on Greta's ear-- fearing it might be ringworm). Vet thoroughly manually examined Greta's back leg and found no reason for concern. Said to keep an eye on it and let him know if she seems to limp again.

She does have a bacterial infection in her ear and looking at Stella this morning, Stella also had a small similar looking patch on her ear which he thinks must also be bacterial. He gave them drops and took cultures to send to lab to test for ringworm, though the patch didn't glow in the blacklight device thing and he said it didn't present like classic ringworm.

Fingers crossed that the labs come back negative on ringworm, that the bacterial drops work and that the Vectra flea meds he prescribed kill those little m'f'ing fleas!

Vet thoroughly manually examined Greta's back leg and found no reason for concern. Said to keep an eye on it and let him know if she seems to limp again.

Did he take any x-rays? These dogs can be very stoic when it comes to hiding pain when they go to the vet.