Hi From Maryland!

Guest Lauren_s11

Guest Lauren_s11

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lauren and I've been stalking this forum for about a month now. I am super excited to say that after much research, I am finally a proud new retired greyhound owner! I was able to meet my new greyhound today and sign the adoption papers. After meeting her, I left her with her foster family until I am able to be ready for her on July 11. So excited!

Meet Penny! She just turned four this month, and she melted my heart the moment I met her.

photo-25_zps69ed6817.jpg

Edited by Lauren_s11

Guest jbbuzby

Welcome, from CO!

Though I was born and raised in MD and only left three years ago. Let me know if you have any MD Greyhound area questions!!!

Welcome to GT and congratulations on your beautiful new girl! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome, and congrats. She's beautiful. Where in MD are you?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Lauren_s11

Thank you all! I am currently located in Baltimore. I'm sure once we start getting settled I'll have a ton of questions!

Guest justbasil

Congrats to you and Penny! She's gorgeous. I grew up in Baltimore, but left for college and am now located in Philly (and I am also a new adopter). Let me know if you ever find yourself up in Philly with Penny :)

Welcome and congrats! She's a beauty!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Another Marylander welcome here! Penny is gorgeous! Welcome to the cult um.. I mean...world (!!) of greyhounds!!!

There are several Baltimore types here with greys...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Congratulations! You don't realize how lucky you are. You are in for the time of your life. Greyhounds are very very special and have a way of getting in to your heart that is beyond description with words. They are very wise. Penny( and she is lovely!) will know just how to handle you! You 2 will have many happy times and will be closer than what you can possibly imagine right now. God bless you both.

Guest Lauren_s11

Thank you everyone! The days have been drrraaaggggiiiinnnggg. I am counting down the seconds until I am able to pick Penny up and have her in my home! I would love more information on any local (Baltimore) greyhound get togethers or events! I am most certainly interested in connecting with the greyhound community and socializing my new pup! (once she is acclimated to her new environment, of course!)