Merlin The Wizard Had A Stroke

how terrifying :( :(

ALWAYS keep baby aspirin on hand and give them one IMMEDIATELY if you even barely suspect a stroke. It does amazing things.

glad he's doing so much better! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy oh boy. This was a sad and amazing update on Merlin. I've always looked at him and thought he's Kasey's twin!

I'm so happy to read of his recovery, and I can't imagine going through what you went through, but you nursed that Wizard right back to health there didn't ya? Well done.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

So happy to hear that Merlin is recovering. I know that feeling of "suddenly he was Merlin again" all too well, from when Robin recovered after being ill last year. Hugs to you. And to Merlin. He has always been one of my favorite GT boys....

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Thank you all for your very kind comments and good thoughts! I am so touched to read the comments about Merlin. He really is one of a kind. Love him to the moon and back. If I could, I would spend every minute of the day with him. And since he had his stroke and I was with him around the clock, we are more bonded than ever. I am his person, and he is mine. :beatheart

Ellen, thanks for asking after Sagan. He is doing very well, still my 80lb limpet, still a mummy's boy, but he's been spending more time with his daddy lately, as we've been walking the dogs separately to give Merlin a chance to push himself but without pressure to keep up. I have been taking Merlin out everywhere and DH has been taking Sagan for longer walks, which he loves and needs (mentally more than physically). Sagan has been a really good boy throughout this ordeal. Somehow he always seems to know to take a backseat when Merlin is sick, and is less whiny and generally less demanding.The other day Merlin and I were on the front lawn and saw Sagan and DH walking back towards the house. As soon as Sagan saw us, his ears went nuts and he started running. He hates it when his family isn't all together. DH let go of the leash for the last few feet and Sagan ran towards me with the biggest grin on his face and his tongue hanging out. He's adorable. :)

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I hardly ever come into H&M and was crushed to see Merlin's name here. I am so glad that at the news of his recovery! May he continue to get better and better with each day. He is one special dog.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

OMG, just seeing this, Kerry, so glad to hear that Merlin is on the mend, what a terrifying experience!! Max has had 2 Vestibular events this past year and they were so scary, hang in there, have missed you on GT.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten