Sign in to follow this  
TheFullHouse

The Full House Checking In

It's been quite a while since posting about the family so I thought I would catch every one up.

Arrow turned 13 in May. He's doing pretty well. He suffers from some rear end weakness that gets him down every now and then but he's still our happy boy and will still go for the couch pillows when he gets excited! You don't hear "Dammit Arrow" near as often as you used to these days.

DSC_3575_zps9a4599d5.jpg

Bullitt is doing really well for a boy with high blood pressure and mild kidney disease. We have had our ups and downs as far as his eating because he wants his old kibble back but can't have it because of the high percentage of protein but he has now settled on Royal Canin LP kidney food and is eating well again. He still loves to run with Bandita in the yard and is our super snuggle bunny.

DSC_3653_zps96b79563.jpg

Sammie was diagnosed with high blood pressure after Bullitt was and is on medication along with his brother. He does not shown any signs of kidney disease at this point. He's our boy who loves to play right after dinner every night. He still loves to cuddle with mom on the bed while she watches tv at night.

DSC_4543_zps8031ed9b.jpg

Well you all know about our goofy Joey from his post. He too was diagnosed with extremely high blood pressure and his on the same meds as his brothers. He, like Sammie, shows no signs of kidney disease either so we just treat the high blood pressure for now. Here he is relaxing during the day.

DSC_3378_zps988c03e6.jpg

Pistol is still as independent as ever. He still after all these years prefers to sleep at night in his crate! He unlike his brothers, does not suffer from high blood pressure at this point, but we check it frequently to make sure we catch it right away if he does develop it. He is still the talker of the family and knows exactly when it's nap time and harasses the tar out of me until we go to the bedroom for a nap in the afternoon! He lost his favorite play mate when we had to return Baby, but Bandita is picking up the slack for him.

DSC_4410_zpsebcbd39a.jpg

Would you believe the little boys turned 9 in May! They are still my little litter mates to me!

Do Bee is still my little nut job! He loves to run in the yard. He smiles up a storm when he is extremely happy and loves to slap the floor with his feet when excited. He is still my cuddle boy and loves to lay on the bed also. He turned 6 in March!

DSC_4421_zps239a0bf4.jpg

That brings us to our beautiful Bandita. She went through a rough time recently. Baby, who had matured during the 9 months she was with us, had started trying to mount every dog in the house. The boys corrected her right away and she submitted every time. Unfortunately, Bandita is submissive and when Baby tried it with her, she wouldn't correct or, or if she did, Baby ignored her. It wasn't really a problem until about 6 weeks ago when she again mounted Bandita and when Bandita tried to get away Baby attacked her. The first attack left just two small wounds, but two days later she tried again and this time injured Bandita really badly, almost killing her because she caused a huge wound on her neck that if it were any deeper, Bandita would have bled out before we could get her to the vet. Bandita ended up at the vet's of 4 days, during which time I researched everything I could about Baby's behavior. When Bandita came home she was terrified of Baby. We kept Baby muzzled when she was out of a crate during the day. Poor Bandita lay in a corner, afraid to come out. Once she did get the courage, she was watching over her shoulder. We worked with Baby for 3 weeks, during which time she was muzzled and just when I thought we were making progress, she again mounted Bandita and Bandita started screaming. Thankfully Baby was wearing a muzzle with a stool guard and could not hurt Bandita but we contacted the adoption kennel the next day and did something I swore we would never do, we returned Baby. It just wasn't fair for either of the girls. Bandita was afraid all the time and Baby was muzzled all the time and that's not the way either of these girls should have to live. It broke our hearts to have to do it and taking her back was the hardest thing to do, but necessary. I have been in contact with the director and Baby is doing very well. She has tried to mount the females in the kennel and they have been correcting her and she submits to them, unfortunately Bandita would not stand up for herself, and probably never will, so we made the right decision, not easy, but right.

I'm happy to say that Bandita, in the last two weeks, has returned to being our happy, happy girl. She has rejoined the family. She's still healing from the second attack, but she is happy. I won't post the pictures from the attack because they are awful, but I did get this picture of Bandita the other day. You can see the scar on her neck and I got her good side because she has wounds on the other side. She will be turning 5 in a few days! Can you believe it!

DSC_3934_zps8fd9c56a.jpg

We are all doing well! Mike and Kevin are both working in jobs they love and I get to stay home with the dogs, which I love. I couldn't ask for a better life.

Judy, mom to Do Bee, Bandita, Angel and Gizmo

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

OMG :( so sorry about what happened and SO glad Bandita's ok!!! You absolutely did the right thing with Baby. She needs to be an only dog, maybe?

sendning healing hugs!

Kim, Bruce, Larry (PTL LaRoach) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It) - missing my sweet Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011) and Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Chester (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We have missed you! I am so glad you returned. I'm sorry to hear about Baby and Bandita, what a horrible situation. You made the best decision imho. Hope to hear more stories about your wonderful family.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Baby is really a good girl, she loves playing with other dogs. She just needs to be placed with a confident male or female because once a dog puts her in her place, she becomes submissive right away. Bandita is not a confident dog, she's submissive.

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

So good to see an update on your hounds Judy, and I am thrilled to know Bullitt is doing well.

Very tough situation for all with Baby and Bandita, but you know you made the right decision for everyone, and Bandita healing inside and out is proof.

Hugs to all humans and hounds!

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm really sorry that you've had to go through those difficulties with Baby and Bandita, and I think it may benefit someone here at some point that you shared your experience. I know that if you couldn't make that situation work, no one could. It's a hard decision to have to make, even when you know it's the right decision to make.

Your pack is looking good as ever, and it's good to hear that Bandita is once again herself. I hope she continues to heal well! :)

I have been thinking about you, Judy and had noticed you were not posting. I am so sorry that you have gone through some rough times. I am so happy to hear that Bandita is healing. I can only imagine how hard it was to give up Baby, but it was definitely the right thing for everyone. Hugs to you and your family.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

nice to see you on here :clap

Jan with precious pups Katie Crazykatiebug, Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; and Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Good to see you (and your photographs) back, Judy. :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Hopper the terrier mix and Kaia the wolfhound-schnauzer mix
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, and Holly
 Oaks Holly 
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“ -Bob Dylan

You were missed! I was wondering just this week if everything was okay because there had been no french fry pics recently. :bgeorge

Glad that Bandita is okay and that everyone is doing fine. Baby will find the right home. So sorry you had to go through that.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

I am so sorry that you all had to go through that scary time! And sorry that Baby wasn't right for your household. But glad that Bandita is now OK and happy again. I know if it had been possible you would have made it work.

Glad that the rest of the pack is doing well, especially Dammit Arrow :)

Welcome back! I was also wondering where you had gone to. I found myself saying, "Dammit, River!" and thought of you & Dammit Arrow :)

So sorry to hear about Baby and Bandita. My heart aches for you with that decision. Sometimes "in the best interest" hurts the most. Glad that Bandita is on the mend, emotionally as well as physically. I'm sure that Baby will find the right home for her.

Always good to see your beautiful gang! So sorry about the very tough situation with Baby and Bandita. Glad Bandita is back to being herself and happy again (and her eyebrows never fail to put a smile on my face).

On a funny note, when I first saw that picture of Arrow, I thought he had buck teeth! There is an optical illusion created by the portion of the fence showing between the tree and his big smile. :bgeorge Anyone else see it? It gave me a good laugh!

17369590311_3d5eeef92f.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

It's nice to see pictures of all your hounds again. So sorry about the Baby/Bandita situation, but you did the right thing removing Baby. Looking at the picture of the scar on Bandita's neck breaks my heart. It's nice hear that she's a happy girl again.

Lexi (mom to Nok, the former feral black kitty)

Glad you're back......missed your photos!!! I've always thought Arrow was just about the handsomest thing I'd ever seen, but that

photo of Sammie made me catch my breath.

So glad Bandita is doing well......is it just my imagination (or forgetfulness)...or is her eye patch fading some?

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Yes, the black around her eyes is turning white. She looks like Groucho Marx now.

Welcome back! Glad things are getting back to normal for your pack. You did what was needed to be done.

One of my five has high blood pressure, and has been on a good deal of medication for over a year. I can't imagine trying to keep track of more than one! Hope they all continue to do ok!

Jilly was my favorite honorary greyhound on GT.

Sorry you had such a difficult decision to make for Baby. The rest of your pack looks great.

Lila with tulips
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

Guest kar

beautiful dogs I am down to one and really miss my other two

I had missed your posting, too. I'm glad the boys are doing well. Gentle cyberhugs to Bandita and best wishes for Baby.

when I first saw that picture of Arrow, I thought he had buck teeth! There is an optical illusion created by the portion of the fence showing between the tree and his big smile

They'll have to start calling him Goofy.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

Guest Dancer

okay...is it just me...or...does the first pic (Arrow) look like he has huge (rabbit like) buck teeth. I think you have an amazing pic...the pattern in the fence boards behind him suggest that he has buck teeth.

Do I need glasses???

Ha ha, several people have commented about Arrow looking like he has buck teeth. He doesn't, it's the fence in the background. His brother Saint had a huge overbite though.

Great update. Poor Bandita! Glad she's healing up well!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015