Hi From Raleigh, Nc

Guest RoadsterGirlie

Guest RoadsterGirlie

Greetings everyone.

My name is Tina. My husband and I adopted our retired racer Puma Fajule in 2005. She was born in 1999, and just crossed over the rainbow bridge a week and a half ago at the age of 14 years, 8 months. While I realize this is extremely long lived for a greyhound, it doesn't take away the pain as she was everything to me. She was a well traveled dog, having seen two oceans, traveling with us cross-country both times when we moved across the US from NC to CA, and ultimately back to NC.

My husband and I have decided to channel our grief by adopting another greyhound. We have been spending a lot of time at Project Racing Home in Randleman, NC. We have our sites on a nice goofy boy named Atascocita Bloke. Here is his profile:

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29320981

We are set to pick him up on July 12th, on the way back from our mountain vacation. We have been spending both quality time with him, getting to know to him, as well as helping around the shelter. I realize he will not be a replacement for my sweet girl, but I would by lying if I said this hasn't helped ease the pain. It has, and I'm glad we are able to give this dog a well deserved home.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Tina

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our time with them is simply never long enough. I'm glad you're honoring the memory of Puma by giving another deserving greyhound a forever home. I hope he helps to heal your hearts.

And welcome to GT.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest IrskasMom

First I am so sorry for your Loss. ....... Welcome to GT and for the upcoming New Addition . He will be the Heart Healer .

I'm so sorry for your loss of Puma Fajule. Bloke seems like he's already bringing a little happiness. When you're grieving, it's such a relief to have something positive to look forward to :)

I'm a native Tar Heel (now living in Virginia), and adopted my greys from Greyhound Friends of NC.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I am sorry for the loss of one so beloved as Puma, but I am also happy that you found a new opportunity for happiness with another.

Enjoy each day and the returning joy to look forward in the years to come with Bloke .

Cheers to your future together.

Zoesmommy