Help Deciphering Veterinary Report

Guest amanda3784

Guest amanda3784

Can anyone put this in layman's terms for me? This is re: Henry. I posted about him earlier; he limps when he gets up from laying down.

Description:

This report describes evaluation of multiple radiographs of the stifles and pelvis. No abnormalities are seen. On the lateral pelvis projections, there is moderate ventral displacement of the colon by a soft tissue opacity. The right acetabular branch of the pubis is minimally wider than the left, but is smoothly margined and likely a artifact of positioning

Conclusion:

1. Probable sublumbar lymphomegaly

2. No stifle or pelvic abnormalities

A cause for the lameness is not identified. The probable sublumbar lymphomegaly may be secondary to a mass associated with the pelvis, rectum, anal sacs or pelvic limbs. No cause for the lymphomegaly is seen.

Something is causing an unidentified swelling in his colon area. No abnormalities in the bones. That means no cancer/ osteo. :yay

Could be anything causing the swelling from having a load of poop to something that is serious.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

They think that in the area below his lumbar spine there is enlargement in the lymphatic system (probably a lymph node or nodes). They don't know what it is, but they believe it to be the explanation for the 'soft tissue opacity'. The cause for this lymphomegaly can range from infection to cancer and be anything or nothing. I expect they'll want to keep an eye on it, if not investigate further, since they are thinking it may be the result of a mass (possible tumour) somewhere in the pelvic/pelvic limb region.

But it does look as if he doesn't have bone cancer, which is great news!

Edited by silverfish

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest amanda3784

Thanks for your responses! I'm feeling better. :) I should get the results of his bloodwork tomorrow so maybe that will shed a little more light.