Sarge (9/11/02 - 6/4/14)

claudiav

My Sweet Sarge is now an Angel at the Rainbow Bridge. His frail little body could no longer fight the IBD or cancer that infiltrated his GI tract. Yesterday, he lost all color and was likely bleeding internally. He was not absorbing any protein from any food he was getting. He'd lost so much blood over the past two weeks that he was anemic and at the point of needing a blood transfusion. Even though the biopsy results are still not in, the vets are certain that his body could not benefit from chemo or any further treatment. He was so weak he could not stand, so we ended his suffering and let him cross the Rainbow Bridge, where I am sure he is healthy, eating with a voracious appetite, and chasing bunnies with Remy & Shaka.

(why can't I paste photobucket pics in here anymore?)

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Sarge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So very sorry for your loss, my sincerest condolences.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

My Sweet Sarge is now an Angel at the Rainbow Bridge. His frail little body could no longer fight the IBD or cancer that infiltrated his GI tract. Yesterday, he lost all color and was likely bleeding internally. He was not absorbing any protein from any food he was getting. He'd lost so much blood over the past two weeks that he was anemic and at the point of needing a blood transfusion. Even though the biopsy results are still not in, the vets are certain that his body could not benefit from chemo or any further treatment. He was so weak he could not stand, so we ended his suffering and let him cross the Rainbow Bridge, where I am sure he is healthy, eating with a voracious appetite, and chasing bunnies with Remy & Shaka.

(why can't I paste photobucket pics in here anymore?)

I am so sorry for your loss.

(Try clicking on the icon above the "B" for bold to paste the img url from photobucket._

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

:( I am so sorry :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Claudia, I am so saddened to see that you have had to help your old fella to the Bridge. Every moment you shared together was special, I know.

Godspeed Sarge.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Claudia, I am so saddened to see that you have had to help your old fella to the Bridge. Every moment you shared together was special, I know.

Godspeed Sarge.

You sure do know Jan. I loved reading about Seamie and seeing his pics and I hoped Sarge could live as long as Seamie... but at least he was happy and loved here, and he was certainly a heartbreaker... There was not a single soul he met that he didn't endear... he was loved by everyone, and he loved everyone (two legged, four legged, etc)... old dogs are the best!!!

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.