Broken Leg :(

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

River is having surgery in the morning to fix her leg. Ripley ran into her in the yard and rebroke her leg that was broken as a baby. It is pretty bad. He said he will put a rod and pins in it. I feel so bad for her. She is going to have to kept locked up and no more playing for a while.

xray_zpse05a00af.jpg

Sending prayers!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest WhiteWave

She came thru surgery fine. Was not able to completely straighten the leg, but should be better than before. She does have external fixtures that will have to be removed in 6-8 weeks and possible be put in a cast at that time depending on how well it is healing.

Whew! Glad she did good!

Now comes the hard part - keeping a puppy quiet!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest carriej

Freeman broke his leg three times, once we have no idea what happened (came home - he was limping), second time he slipped on wet grass, and the third time he fell down some stairs at my sister in laws place while we were out of town.

He did this all in our first year or year and a half of owning him. The last one was a bad one, and they had to plate and screw his leg back together and weren't sure if it would work. Knock on wood, $3000 later we had a dog that could walk. Worked perfectly until the day he died (bone bancer in a different leg), and you would never know he totally junked it.

Best of luck, he got on really well even with the cast. He flicked that cast around like no ones business lol

Glad to hear her surgery went well. I hope she recovers quickly and completely. :goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown