Shawn Concannon Aka Bones_Sox63

macoduck

Shawn Concannon

12/10/63 - 5/31/14

Originally from the UK, Shawn embraced the US, loved greyhounds, and life lived boldly.

Shawn endured many brain surgeries in recent years. The cancer finally took him.

If there is a bright side to this he is once again reunited with his best greyhound boy, Bones.

Shawn has been a notable figure for many years at Mountain Hounds. He had been hoping he could return this year. He did in spirit.

We learned Saturday at MH that Shawn had passed and announced it at our evening gathering.

We could all close our eyes and still hear him yelling Bloody Hell!

Larger than life. Truly missed.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm so sad to hear of his passing but happy to know he is with Bones again.

Godspeed Shawn.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

Rest well, good man.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Shawn will be missed by many. Missed his calling bingo or greyhound as we call it at Mountain Hounds the last 2 years. He was so full of life and I am glad to call him my friend.

Godspeed Shawn, go and find Bones.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

OH NO! I'm so sad that we never got to meet in person. We used to talk on the phone before he moved to the US; so long ago that it was before he was diagnosed with cancer, but after the dizziness had started. Sadly we pretty much lost contrct a few years ago except for an occasional catch up email.

This is so sad, but I can only imagine the joyful reunion he had with Bones and Sox.

RIP my friend.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

How very sad. My condolences to his family.

Godspeed Shawn.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Still remembering the picture he posted of when he visited a soccer game.
Shawn's humor might not have been for everyone, but if you like the British humor, he was your guy.

After he moved to the US, we occasionally had contact but it looked like he had found his place. Still, I miss seeing him pop up on Greytalk and to know he will never pop up again makes me feel sad.

My condolences to the people who were close to him.

Very sad news. I remember him well. My condolences to his friends and loved ones.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

So sad. I always admired his very positive attitude, and thought that his bravery and sense of humor was inspiring. Such a loss.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I never met him, but he was a fixture on here for so long. I remember when he was still in Scotland, pre-cancer, and had Bones and Sox with him, I think. After he moved over here, I guess I thought he'd beaten it. So sorry to hear he didn't. Shawn will definitely be missed.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Shawn we love you and will miss you always. I remember his first MHs, he came to the cabin to introduce himself. He said I don't have a greyhound right now, but heard about the event and want to help out. Then proceeded to tell me about his brain cancer and what to do if he had a seizure, showed me his medical card, airlift card, Mum's phone number. I stood there thinking OH MAN please don't have a seizure here. He then shared a beer with Rick and proceeded to make us laugh like crazy.

Some MHs years were better than others for him but he always knew how to have fun and faced his illness with smiles and laughter.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

So very sad - Godspeed Shawn! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis