Sign in to follow this  

I don't have any pictures of him in action, but Noah LOVES to take any clothes that are on my bed and put them on the dog beds throughout the house. I really don't want him doing it and when I do find that he has been doing it, I tell him "Noah don't do that" and he looks ashamed.

Yesterday he not only took my p.j.s off the bed, but also the towel that I leave on top of my comforter to keep the cat hair off the comforter...*sigh*

It's cute, but I don't want him messing with my work clothes if I happen to leave them on the end of my bed...

He is the first pup I've had that will take things like this...anyone else have a thief? I did cave on an old shirt of mine that I was going to throw out and let him keep it with the toys.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Love it! So far Noah leaves remotes/books/shoes alone...I have caught him in the act of stealing a towel that I was using to wipe their paws...

Benny steals shoes. IMG_0402-2.jpg

Hahaha! Only a grey-owner would take a photo before trying to get the shoe back.

Guest Lillypad

Ha,ha,ha,ha!!! He is stealing runners!!! Is he telling you something?... Love it, he is gorgeous.

Guest Jacks_Human

Jack used to steal my shoes (the stinkier the better) and my friend's shoes when they visited.

Silver used to take DH's hair brush and put it in his bed(the Dog's). It got so that DH would brush his hair and put the brush back on the dog bed. He stopped taking things about 3 or 4 months after we got him. Val

Mom to Nodens( Carl Lackey)and Pywackett (kittie)

OMG! If I leave anything on the bathroom floor for more than 10 seconds it's gone. Mason just snuggles with it but Molly....Once I looked out and Mason had my bra strap hanging off his nose. :hehe:hehe Socks are the worst. I lose more socks to those 2 thieves than anything. Just this morning Molly absconded with my shirt and Mason took my pants. Right now a sweatshirt is sitting in the middle of the floor.

So yes, clothes disappear all the time.

Well I caught my thief in the act earlier and put a video out on the GT Facebook page...he's wagging his tail the WHOLE time...goofball

OMG! If I leave anything on the bathroom floor for more than 10 seconds it's gone. Mason just snuggles with it but Molly....Once I looked out and Mason had my bra strap hanging off his nose. :hehe:hehe Socks are the worst. I lose more socks to those 2 thieves than anything. Just this morning Molly absconded with my shirt and Mason took my pants. Right now a sweatshirt is sitting in the middle of the floor.

So yes, clothes disappear all the time.

I had a foster who pulled an old bra out of the trashcan along with other trash items and left them down the hallway for me...

Guest rarmstrong

Ahaha! That's the look Willis gives me when he steals something...like a chip bag, bottle cap, shoe....I've got a little klepto in my house.

Edited by rarmstrong

Cleo does this. I'm happy she does...instead of chewing things, she will just take it and leave it on her bed. I work from home, so my work attire is basically pjs! :hehe

Greyhound Collars on Etsy: Collar Town

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

I have had this with Greys on and off. They put the things in their beds.

Question for everyone.....why do you all think they put these things in their beds? Are they for different reasons?

Edited by LadyGrey

Silver used to take DH's hair brush and put it in his bed(the Dog's). It got so that DH would brush his hair and put the brush back on the dog bed. He stopped taking things about 3 or 4 months after we got him. Val

rofl-1.gif

emailsigpic.png.db2e34c73e3fb82b645992914134105e.png

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Real Dogs Have Tattoos or Feathered Ears
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Nutmeg used to steal the bathmat and take it to her bed, but only when someone was taking a shower.

.....why do you all think they put these things in their beds?

It's mine! All mine!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

Our nongrey, Allie, likes to move shoes. I don't know if it's just rearrangement, or a hint (time for walkies!), or that she likes the scent, or what. But there have been days when I've had to wander around the house looking for one of my shoes (and of course, this happens on days when I'm already running late...). She doesn't necessarily bring them to her bed or a central location even. There have been times when one will be in the (seldom used) front room and the other will be in the (seldom used) basement. ?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad she doesn't chew them...but sometimes it's a huge game of hide and seek. What's really funny is when both my husband and I are both looking for our shoes and calling out when we find one that the other might need.

Guest Scouts_mom

My Henry steals shoes and puts them on whichever bed he is currently using. They are always shoes I have worn recently so I assume he just likes that they smell of me.

Nando is not allowed on the bed, so he will pull the bedspread off and lay on it.

Now that is clever!

Johnny doesn't steal clothes but he loves to rub his head on clothing and bedding, he prefers it to be newly washed and sweet smelling though, mind you it's not so newly washed by the time he's finished with it.

My first dog Zoe, a BCxGSD once pulled a whole heap of newly washed bedding out of MIL's machine and nested on top of it.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest Jacks_Human

I have had this with Greys on and off. They put the things in their beds.

Question for everyone.....why do you all think they put these things in their beds? Are they for different reasons?

When I first got Jack, I regularly came home from work to find him with his snout resting in pair of my running shoes or some dirty laundry. I think he just wanted to smell me for comfort (he was a very nervous boy at first) and took things to his bed because that's where he wanted to nap.

Guest carriej

Chance ate a shoe.

1979578_10152281144680804_1261290346_n.j

And he will steal all sorts of things. All shoes, tv remotes, phones, keys, etc get put away before bed. Our house has been very clutter free since he arrived!