Natural Flea Products?

Guest DMBFiredancer

Guest DMBFiredancer

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well!

Just popping by to see if any grey owners have had any luck with any of the natural flea products out there? I'm trying hard to not use any of the toxic stuff, but I am not sure how well the natural products work.

Thanks! :)

It's my opinion that the natural stuff just doesn't work-hell some of the script products stopped working (frontline). I know you consider the topical "toxic" but, 99.99% of the majority of the topicals stay within the dermal layer and are not absorbed systemically.

I've had mixed results with Flea Treats. Last year I only had to use Advantage once or twice. Last week I felt flea dirt behind Doodles ears, so I put some Advantage on her and upped her Flea Treats to 6 per day.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I don't use the spot on products anymore since one of my dogs had a seizure after I treated her. She'd never had one before and never had another afterwards, so I've not comfortable taking any chances. I used a couple of natural supplements to help repel fleas and I am a fanatical flea comb user. It's not that I never see a flea on my dogs, but then my friends here in NC that use Advantage and those other spot on products are still seeing some fleas on their dogs too. Fleas and mosquitoes are the worst part of summer.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I don't know if it works, but this idea was sent to me via The Daily Dog Tip email from Dogster.com The email says:

Get Rid of Fleas in Your Yard -- the Natural Way

by Leslie May and Johann (the dog), founders of Raise A Green Dog

Fleas are pesky little bugs that can cause worms, disease, and itchiness for your dog -- and if they are in your yard, it's no fun!

You can control fleas the natural, organic way with flea nematodes. These are beneficial bugs and one of the most prolific multicellular animals on earth. Just a small bit of soil naturally contains thousands of the microscopic worms, many of them parasites of insects, plants, or animals. Flea nematodes control fleas by killing them in the larval and pupal stages in the soil.

Flea nematodes should be applied to your lawn when the soil temperature is 42 degrees or above. Just follow the instructions on the package. And the best part: They will control fleas in your yard forever!

Leslie May and Johann (the dog) are the founders of Raise a Green Dog, an online portal for all things green and healthy for your dog.