Fiona (Cash A Plenty) Aug. 29, 2001-May 5, 2014

Fiona3

I am heartbroken to write that we have lost our beautiful Fiona.

Fiona5-12-13_zpscfc753b4.jpg

In April of 2013, it was discovered that Fiona had a cancerous growth in her spleen. Her spleen was removed and the last year has been filled with chemo treatments, and health issues with hypertension and protein loss in her kidneys. Until last month her follow up tests showed no indication of cancer. On April 20th an ultrasound showed 2 new lesions on her liver as the cancer had spread. It was advised that chemotherapy with a different drug would be our best option.

Last Tuesday, April 29th the chemo was performed. On Weds. she seemed fine but by Thursday it was clear something horrible had gone wrong. Fiona was having a terrible reaction to the chemo treatment. We have frantically spent each day at our vet or the e-vet trying to stabilize her condition. Saturday morning we brought her to the e-vet for critical care as her condition started to deteriorate. She could not be stabilized and her kidneys began to fail. We set her free this morning as I held her close and told her how much I loved her.

Until just 4 days ago, Fiona had lots of pep and energy; she was playing in the yard with her toys and had gained weight. She was truly enjoying her life, never showed any signs of being ill and looked healthy and energetic.

FionaJuly0.jpg

In spite of our pain and heartache, there is so much to celebrate about Fiona's life. She came to us as a bounce in Jan. of 2004. We had met her the previous fall at the reunion and fell in love with her but someone had already adopted her. Two months later our group called and asked if we would still be interested in her. She had been returned to them and came back very depressed and withdrawn. They felt she would do well in our home. It took seconds to say, "We'll take her!"

When Fiona came home our yellow lab Bailey was thrilled to see her. He licked her face & ears, followed her around and they bonded quickly into playmates and best buddies. She loved to stand over him in the yard and they were never far apart. In a short time she learned she was in a much happier home and began to blossom.

FionaBailey4-18.jpg

Over the years Fiona became the keeper of the backyard chasing squirrels, possums, and all sorts of creatures away. And she was very, very fast. She had a horrendous face off with a large raccoon that left her with a large scar along the side of her face. She was very seriously hurt but managed to recovery nicely. Of course, her favorite stuffed toy was a raccoon!

Throughout this last year of intense medical care Fiona has grown very close to me as her caretaker. She would pop up and search for me during the day just to be close by. She tended to sleep in the room where I was sitting so I wouldn't be far away. My dear friend Jan dubbed her "Fiona in My Footsteps" as she would quietly follow me around and when I turned around, there she would be.

We had many adventures in the almost 10-1/2 years she has been with us. Beach walks, lots and lots of car rides, walking in the Halloween parade in costume. Recently, she would walk around the yard and come up to me to lean against my side. She would raise her head and seemed to be listening to the birds, especially a male cardinal whose beautiful song could be heard high up in the trees. These are very special moments I will cherish.

FionaampZeke5-19-13a_zpsa753abe7.jpg

My heart hurts knowing that if she hadn't been given the chemo she would be with us now, tucked in on her bed or looking for a treat. My head tells me we had no choice; it was her only chance for us to fight the cancer. My heart tells me I want more time with her to love and spoil my sweet little girl.

I will treasure every day, every moment that we have spent together.

Fiona, my beautiful little fawn sweetheart, thank you for opening your heart to us and learning to trust us. Thank you for your sweet and patient nature. I will miss our walks, our rides, the hugs & kisses, all the magical moments with you.

Most of all, I will miss having "Fiona in My Footsteps" every day!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so sorry. I always enjoyed reading about Fiona and seeing her pictures. She will be missed by all of us.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am so sorry. I know only too well the feeling of having done something for the best only for it to turn out for the worst. We can only do what our hearts tell us, your girl would not think any the less of you. Cherish your wonderful years of memories.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I am so sorry for your loss of such beautiful girl

A LOAN FROM GOD

God promised at the birth of time,
A special friend to give,
His time on earth is short, he said,
So love him while he lives.

It may be for eight or ten years,
Or only two or three,
But will you, till I call him back,
Take care of him for me?

A wagging tail and cold wet nose,
And silken velvet ears,
A heart as big as all outdoors,
To love you through the years.

His puppy ways will gladden you,
And antics bring a smile,
As guardian or friend he will,
Be loyal all the while.

He'll bring his charms to grace your life,
And though his stay be brief,
When he's gone the memories,
Are solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But lessons only a dog can teach,
I want you each to learn.

I've looked the whole world over,
In search of guardians true,
And from the folk that crowd life's land,
I have chosen you.

Whatever love you give to him,
Returns in triple measure,
Follow his lead and gain a life,
Brim full of simple pleasures.

Enjoy each day as it comes,
Allow your heart to guide,
Be loyal and steadfast in love,
As the dog there by your side.

Now will you give him all your love,
Nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call,
To take him back again?

I fancy each of us would say,
Dear Lord, thy will be done,
For all the joys this dog shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.

We'll shelter his with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've know,
Forever grateful stay.

But should the angels call for him,
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
And try to understand.

If by our love we've managed,
God's wishes to achieve,
In memory of him that we have loved,
And to help us while we grieve;

When our faithful bundle departs,
This earthly world of strife,
We'll get yet another pup,
And love him all his life.

Author Unknown

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

I'm very sorry for your loss. She was a special girl. :f_pink

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I'm so sorry for your unexpected loss. She was a truly lovely girl and, clearly, also truly loved.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry that Fiona has left you. She was indeed beautiful, physically and spiritually.

Run free, Fiona.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

"Fiona in My Footsteps"--I love that. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please be kind to yourself and know you did everything you knew to do, and you made your decisions out of love. Rest well, beautiful girl.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

{{My friend}} :brokenheart Along with her family, beautiful Fiona fought a very brave fight and had some really good times this past year. The gift year. These recent memories are so special, keep them close and she will always be with you. Fiona’s Footsteps will be always and forever in your :heartBeeg hugs my friend :grouphug

Godspeed Fiona. Rest well sweetheart and help yourself to the buffet to which you have become accustomed, I hear it is swell :brokenheart:heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sad and sorry to read about Fiona. She was a very beautiful girl.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry. I wish you could have had more time with your special girl, but sometimes our best efforts are not enough.

Godspeed Fiona.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. I am sorry you had to say goodbye as you both fought so hard.

Run free Fiona, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so very sorry :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fiona came into your life -- and all of OURS -- and made it better. Thank you for sharing her with us, and letting us watch her love shine through.

There's nothing any of us can say to fill the hole in your heart or your home right now. But I'm glad that Fiona was happy and full of energy in her final weeks, and that she didn't have months of pain and suffering. I'm also so thankful that you were able to be with her when the time came to say goodbye.

Gentle hugs.