Torn Dewclaw Pad

I just noticed Charlie licking his foot a lot. Upon inspection I saw his dewclaw pad is hanging. No blood but an obvious nuisance. I doused the pad with a natural cleanser I have for skin problems, made for dogs. I'm going to get some vet wrap and put a gauze in it and wrap loosely. Anyone have this happen to their dog? I'm wondering if it will eventually fall off. Yes, I will call the vet tomorrow but just want to know what to expect. I did notice a thread about this from 2011 and they did say to keep it clean and wrap it. I doubt this is an emergency. Thanks for any more advice.

it happens to felix all the time! he usually does me the favor of chewing off the dangling pad and it heals in around a week. the first time it happened i went to the vet. he snipped off the hanging pad and bandaged it. once paying for a minor thing was enough. btw- the pad up there is called the stop-pad and they do fill in and grow back a tad.