Ugly Greyhound

Guest CleverJason

Guest FijiHound

I fell into it the exact same way! A quiz told me I had a 99% match with a greyhound...unfortunately for me I live in Fiji - no greyhounds in sight! So after a couple months of research I decided I NEEDED one. It was a little scary not being able to pick the greyhound - GAP Australia did that for me :) I was the one who closed their eyes and paid US$2000 to get one sent to me! :omg I did mention I NEEDED one, right?

Have had little miss Nugget for 3 years now - no regrets! We are even considering getting a second one sometime this year ;)

Baron definitely suits his name :yay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roweboy

You're only an addict if it's bad for you :) And Linda...as soon as I figure out how to post pictures I'll be sure to follow that rule.

I'm a new owner, too, and I never considered owning a greyhound until January this year. Now I can't imagine life without him! I can't for the life of me figure out how to post photos on here either, and I'm not tech-stoopid (at least I didn't used to be!)

Guest june

Welcome to the cult. Baron is very handsome. Once at a meet n greet I had a woman tell me she thought my greyhound was ugly and it was all I could do not to reply "Well, my greyhound thinks you are ugly too!" Probably would not have been the best thing to say at a meet n greet. :hehe

Guest AimeeBee

Baron is very handsome!

I've only been living in Greyland full-time for about 4 months too, after a break of many years. Many other non-sighthound dogs looks short and chubby to me lately. But I guess, as others have pointed out, if you describe our hounds piece by piece they do sound kind of weird.

Edited by AimeeBee

lovely colour! i've only been addicted to sighthounds for the last 14 years or so. once you go over to the fast side, you never look back.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

When my brother first saw Cody he said "I thought you were getting a THREE dimensional dog!!"

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

When my brother first saw Cody he said "I thought you were getting a THREE dimensional dog!!"

:lol

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest sireltonsmom

Welcome to the cult. Baron is very handsome. Once at a meet n greet I had a woman tell me she thought my greyhound was ugly and it was all I could do not to reply "Well, my greyhound thinks you are ugly too!" Probably would not have been the best thing to say at a meet n greet. :hehe

I'd have been saying "have a nice day" figuring she'd get the submessage "get lost!"

I think that very often greyhound eyes are light in colour and look fierce, which makes their faces look alert & possibly menacing, unlike a whippet's face which, if it has dark brown eyes has a more gentle look to it.

I had a friend who thought my whippets were skinny and ugly, which didn't bother me 'cos I loved them! Now I have a whippet and a greyhound and think both are gorgeous in their own, slightly different way.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ariasmom

Another welcome from Toronto, Ontario, Canada! Your grey is a stunner!!! :nod

Before we got our girl, I had never lived with a dog, but went along with adopting one because my husband really wanted one (he grew up with one).

It took me about 2.7 seconds to be completely hooked :bgeorge and I don't remember what it was like in our house before she joined our family. We have had her for almost ten years now. She turns fourteen on June 30.

Adopting a grey was the best thing we have ever done!

b

Guest cruzNhounds

Ahhh I remember when I first fell in love with the Greyhound, back in the day I helped out with the horses on the back side of Agua Caliente Racetrack. On weekends after the horses ran and with nothing else better to do, I mean the discos..."boring".... and one could only have so many drinks at Margarita Village :cheers we would take our inebriated self's back the the track to watch the dogs, OH THE FUN! I fell in love from the get-go. I remember when we adopted our first Greyhound. The compact size car pulled up and this gorgeous huge black beauty slowly gets out, I looked at my husband and said what did we just do! this dog is HUGE! :wow, I don't remember them being so big :rofl Anyway her name was "It's A Girl" kennel name was Cubbie , it was changed to Emma.

. emmapose-1.jpg

Enjoy your new Greyhound, may you have many years together with your first love :beatheart

Edited by cruzNhounds