Alan - 5 Years

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

7/16/97 - 4/15/09 - Some of you may remember me and my beautiful greyhound Alan. He was my pride and joy. Tomorrow will be five years that he is gone and it still hurts. He was the most amazing pet, more like a child. He had a wonderful life with us but there came the day that he had to leave so suddenly. I tried to focus on the fact that I gave him the best life possible and that all of our pets do not live as long as we do. I thought I would post here, one more time in his honor and give him this little tribute. Life had changed for me and no, I never did adopt another grey - but if I could have I would have. So hug your greys today or tomorrow for me. I would love to hug my boy just one more time:( The decal that someone designed for Alan and another person sent to me is still on my car. My Angel Alan, one sweet day....

post-3274-0-80375400-1397499082_thumb.jpg

Edited by ss556

Guest PiagetsMom

I know that there are times that it seems like so long ago.....and then times that it seems like just yesterday Sending you a :grouphug as you remember your sweet Alan.

Will never ever forget your boy nor your love for him. You were both so lucky to have each other.

Rest well, dear Alan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I also remember Alan :bighug

May be some day you will be able to give another greyhound a wonderful home like you gave Alan

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

I remember Alan too. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry you are missing your boy, I remember Alan and I am sure that he is happy waiting for you with all of our angels. Send your Mom a rainbow Alan.

I have given my new boy Johnny an extra special hug in memory of Alan.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

of course I remember Alan. Sending you many, many hugs :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:grouphug I remember Alan well.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I remember Alan fondly...and I think of you when other people ask me when it's the right time to adopt again. Because the answer is - there is no right answer. Everyone is different. Everyone's situation is different and everyone grieves differently. Sometimes things change and you just can't adopt again. Sometimes it's too quiet in the house just days later so you go to the kennel just to hear some dog noises again.

It doesn't get easier, no matter how many years have passed since they've left. I can still feel Sutra's bony shoulder as I'd run my hand over it. I can still feel Ace's velvety ears, Fritz's needle nose that he loved to have rubbed, Pinky's funny paw pads, and I can still hear Miss Carrie's honk. They're part of us forever. We don't forget, and neither do they. :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--