Seamie's Third Gotcha Day!

Happy Gotcha Day to Seamie! :confetti :confetti :confetti

I agreed to foster a "plain jane brindle senior with no personality" many years ago. Our area adoption coordinator said those four strikes (plain brindle, senior, no personality and not cat safe) would make her almost impossible to re-home. I thought right away that she was a beautiful little girl and after she recovered from her depression over being dumped by her family of six years, the most awesome personality emerged. I fell madly in love with her and didn't want to let her go. When I called the adoption coordinator and told her I wanted to adopt her, she was astonished that I would want her when there were so many "beautiful, young dogs" available. This was my beloved Chloe. I had three short but wonderful years with her and 9 years later hardly a day passes that I don't think of her and how special and lovely she was. I was so blessed to have her in my life.

Some people just can't see a diamond right in front of their face. And Seamie is definitely a diamond. :beatheart

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Only 3 years? It sure seems like forever :beatheart

Happy Gotcha Day you handsome boy!! So glad to hear you are feeling better...

Spring looks very good on you :thumbs-up

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

:bighug Seamie has the best friends, thank you all.

(not much personality? that is like saying the ocean isn't very wet :youcrazy )

His whirled was upside down, having been returned as a senior :( I guess the most personality he showed was when the foster family tried to play tennis. He would stand in between them, like a net :lol

Happy Gotcha Day to Seamie! :confetti

I agreed to foster a "plain jane brindle senior with no personality" many years ago. Our area adoption coordinator said those four strikes (plain brindle, senior, no personality and not cat safe) would make her almost impossible to re-home. I thought right away that she was a beautiful little girl and after she recovered from her depression over being dumped by her family of six years, the most awesome personality emerged. I fell madly in love with her and didn't want to let her go. When I called the adoption coordinator and told her I wanted to adopt her, she was astonished that I would want her when there were so many "beautiful, young dogs" available. This was my beloved Chloe. I had three short but wonderful years with her and 9 years later hardly a day passes that I don't think of her and how special and lovely she was. I was so blessed to have her in my life.

Some people just can't see a diamond right in front of their face. And Seamie is definitely a diamond. :beatheart

That is beautiful :heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy 3rd gotcha Day Seamie. You are such a special soul, and I have loved each and every story your mama has posted. You are a personality plus type of guy whom I've grown to love and have learned lots from you like to how to enjoy every moment in life. :kiss2

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 4 years later...

Oops. Wrong thread.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)