snowjay

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Jay,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet girl.

You are in our thoughts, and I'm sure Cody was there to welcome her to the bridge.

Run pain free Pinky. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so very sorry for your terribly sad loss of Pinky. Our hearts break for you during this difficult time.

Pinky will be missed by her GT family too.

Godspeed beautiful girl. Cody, show Pinky the way and send Dad a sign that you're okay... until you meet again.

:f_pink:f_white

Jay...So sorry for your loss....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

i'm sorry about your loss. what a beautiful pup.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

So beautiful, I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Aww, Jay, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Pinky. I didn't know that she had cancer. I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I am very sorry for your loss. Pinky was in my top 10 of beautiful dogs. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh Jay, I am so deeply sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

• 3 weeks later...

Jay, I don't know how I missed this. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest iconsmum

It was a cold day in 2008 travelling across PA with my friend Joanne to pick up a few greyhounds in Altoona, PA. We were originally supposed to only pick up 2 hounds but there was a late addition to the haul and GRR said they would take her as well. She had been in a home previously but was returned through no fault of her own. The only other thing we knew about her was that her name was Pinky and she was called that because she was missing one of her pinky toes.

Pinky was the third one off the hauler and a very striking little girl. She had the sweetest face that reminded me of my Pretty that passed a couple of years earlier. She was all white with some black ticking on her and very curious about her new surroundings. She walked back and forth across the grassy area in the parking lot several times before finding the perfect spot to pee. Ahhh

We got all the hounds loaded in the truck and headed on the 6+ hour journey back to NY. We were about halfway home when I peeked in the rear view mirror and saw Pinky smiling back at me! Needless to say I was smitten and when we got back to NY I told Christine I would foster her.

Well as you can guess I failed fostering fast and Cody had himself a new sister. She adored Cody and followed him everywhere and learned about home life i.e. how comfortable the couch and bed can be! Cody also showed her the finer points of Rehoboth and Dewey Beaches. Pinky was never crazy about walking in the water but certainly loved that sand and could walk forever on it!

Pinky was the queen of roaching! Not a day passed that you wouldnt see her on her back with legs everywhere. She was very playful with her toys and had a few favorites like her blue & pink elephant and her big Scooby. Oh and if you hadnt guessed already Pinky was a smiler, if she liked you she would show you all of her pearly whites. But dont let her teeth and rambunctious playfulness fool you, she was a gentle soul and as sweet as could be. She also didnt get the memo that greyhounds dont bark, she didnt bark a lot but if she wanted something she would give you this single gentle woof.

She and Cody were inseparable so when Cody passed away it was hard on her. She went though a quick bout of separation anxiety but we quickly overcame that and she learned to be queen of the house. We had a great year and spent lots of time together. It was weird going back to Dewey w/o Cody but we had each other and had an enjoyable time with friends, hound and human, despite the weather.

It wasnt long after Dewey that I met someone special who had her own dog, a toy Yorkie named Snooki. Pinky wasnt quite so sure about her at first, and was a little afraid but after a couple of weeks they really warmed up to each other and could be spotted sharing beds at times and even playing with each other. We wont speak about the time Pinky actually squeezed into the small dog bed.

Unfortunately Pinkys time with her little sister would be short. She was diagnosed with cancer in mid January and put up a good fight until mid March.

Pinky of course had her share of nick names things like Stinky Pinky, Pinky Pop and Pinker Poppers to name a few.

Right now Im missing my gentle girl roaching next to me on the couch. She was special in so many ways and taught me so much, she will always be missed.

Good night Pinker, daddy loves you.

13230469763_d515648c24_z.jpg

Pinky & Scooby

3732924767_a1170227a3_z.jpg

Luvin' the toys!

5075973980_52e20c54df_z.jpg5075972924_a89e8d879f_z.jpg

Mirroring Cody

13230648484_a18b0270cb_z.jpg

Queen of roaching!

13230493064_e54918b6a6_z.jpg

Looking dapper in her winter hat!

11464774953_6c41451b04_z.jpg

With her little sister.

13231234994_250c2b84d4_z.jpg

Beautiful as always...

That photo of Pinky playing with her toys...in the pink collar...with the pink insides of her ears and her pink tum showing ...should be used for an "adopt a greyhound" campaign. Best pic ever!!

Edited by iconsmum