Lymphangiectasia - An Uphill Battle?

@cello: I'm so happy to read about Lady's progress as well. I'd love to get Mojito down to dosing her three times a week too. Right now, she has to pee every 4 - 5 hours so it means 3a.m. potties and occasional accidents when I can't get home in time. It's turned into quite the science in scheduling at this point. :lol

I'm fearful that we'll have the same feeding issue with Mojito when the prednisone gets reduced. She has always been a picky eater (except apparently while on Prednisone) so I'm prepared that if she won't eat the kibble anymore, we may have to provide her with a partial or full cooked diet. I know Beau on here was on a tilapia diet for his IBD so I think that might be the way to go for her too. But that Lady has maintained her weight.. a small drop is ok in my mind.. is excellent! Like Lady, Mojito was always a big girl before (at one point weighing in around 79lbs!)

Like you said, one day at a time. I hope our girls have a long time left in them yet :):heart

We should have a virtual party for the girls.. Miss Mojito's 10th birthday is on August 14. :)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Jennifer the really strange thing is that the Prednisone did absolutely NOTHING to help increase Lady's appetite! Her vet said that it was very unusual, as almost anyone on pred has a significant increase in their appetite! Since she has been sick Lady's has gone from a wee bit picky to an eating nightmare! Today was particularly bad and oh so trying on me. She finally finished dinner at about 9pm.

A virtual party would be awesome!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.