Sequoia

TheFullHouse

image_zpsbb1a718d.jpg

Chris lost his beautiful Sequoia this afternoon. She was the joy of his life. His traveling companion over the years and she introduced him to this wonderful breed which led him to his career working with racing greyhounds.

I know there are many on GT who will remember Sequoia from the beautiful pictures that Chris always took of her doing what she loved most, running on the beach. I like to think she's found a beach at the bridge and is running full tilt and having a ball.

Run like the wind Sequoia.

Hugs to you Chris, I know how hard this is for you.

This was posted with Chris's permission.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, not the beautiful Sequoia. I'm so sorry Chris, she was always one of my favorites.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I loved Sequoia posts. She will be missed by many.

Run free sweet Sequoia. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a joyful day it is across the bridge -- Sequoia is met by amazing, Loved ones gone before her.

and at the same time what a sad day it is here, for Chris and the many who knew and loved her here,, watched her run on the beach and

knew her love for life.

Run Free!! Sequoia, endless beaches for you ~

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm so sorry.................

Run In Peace, sweet Sequoia.....................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Chris. :crying She was a gorgeous girlie... and very cherished. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Sequoia... :f_pink

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh dear no, my deepest sympathies to Chris. I know that my beautiful Angel pups will be honoured to run with your special girl on those endless beaches.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest cruzNhounds

DAMM DAMM DAMIT!!!!! This takes my breath away!

From running on the beach in San Diego or Florida....to the snow in Washington State and the flat plains of Kansas, baby girl was a well traveled hound. She gave us many smiles and warmed our hearts. I think it was Sequoia's extinsive collar collection that IMO started the "collar craze" (thanks to Char and her exquisite talent). If any dog could make a bald butt look good it was her :beatheart .

I'm so sorry for your loss Chris :weep .... Sequoia will always be one of GreyTalks original sweet hearts.

Godspeed Princess. :gh_run

Guest IrskasMom

Chris , I am so very sorry you lost your Beautiful Girl . RIP sweet Sequoia :f_pink I so enjoyed the Gorgeous Pictures of Sequoia.

Edited by IrskasMom

I am so saddened to see Sequoia has gone to the bridge. Chris, the bond you shared with Sequoia was easy to see in every picture, every moment that you two spent together. I'm sorry she had to leave. Your life together was a great adventure. Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl with us. I will always remember your joyful girl running on the beaches.

:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

The most beautiful of angels.

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.