Clarice Needs A Vulvoplasty - **update Post 27**

Silly as it sounds, I'm sort of "excited" for her. I'm sure once she's healed from surgery she will be much happier. She certainly does not love me chasing her around and wiping at her hoo-ha multiple times a day :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

So...change of plans. Dr. Less just called and said that he and Dr. Bahns looked Clarice over closely before getting ready to put her under, and they think that the antibiotics she has been on have greatly reduced the inflammation we were seeing.

He does not feel that surgery is necessary at this point. We will re-evaluate in 4-6 weeks and see how she is doing. Hopefully she will not need surgery. If she does, we'll do it then. Dr. Less was confident there is a 75% chance that she will not need it though.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The one thing I don't want is repeated visits for new infections. If we start seeing that, we'll do the surgery.

That's $1,000some I don't have to spend right now and she has seemed much less grumpy since we got her onto the antibiotics...so, I'm just not going to worry for the time being. We start obedience classes on the 24th :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

We've just been wiping with saline, per Dr. Bahns' instructions. It's not easy to do when you are the only human in the house, but, I've done my best with it and that seems to have been good enough :lol

I am to keep an eye on the hoo-ha and contact them if it seems to be getting angry again. Everyone giggles when I explain this but after over a decade of having dogs, two of whom have issues with their boy parts all the time, nothing bothers me anymore. We just wipe with saline before bedtime. She does not like it and it's easier with more than one human, but, I imagine she will get used to it. I think if it gets to the point where if we AREN'T wiping regularly she gets infections, we will be doing the surgery. No reason for her to have to deal with that when the surgery will make all of those issues go away.

Kristin, my vet has me using Pharmaseb wipes on Mazy. If she starts fussing with her hoo-ha I am to bring her back in for a swab to check bacteria.

Mazy doesn't mind the wipes at all. She barely waked up when I do it while she roaches.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

That's wonderful. I hope she never gets another infection. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

The thing that worries me is that she has NEVER fussed with it. No extra licking, nothing, so, I never thought to inspect it.

We'll keep an eye out and reevaluate in another month or so.

• 7 months later...
Guest Shermanator

Travel was just diagnosed with this condition. She was developed a nasty rash we are treating right now with antibiotics. What kind of wipes to do use to help her stay clean?

Great news!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I've never ever heard about viulvoplastic surgery on hounds...I hope she'll never need it and her little hoo-hoo problems get resolved...

Greetings,

Marion

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Mazy almost had to have the surgery. With the use of antibiotics, baby wipes and time, the condition went away.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png