Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacks_Human

Now We Are 6!

Guest Jacks_Human

Today, my boy Jack turns six. I adopted him just over two years ago from Greyhound Rescue Fife. Jack had raced in Ireland, and was sold to some Scottish scumbag who then handed him over to the greyhound rescue when he was done using Jack for whatever sketchy activities. He was skinny and hairless and scarred. Because of his background, Jack was very shy and phobic about everything (picking up a stick or sticklike object would send him scampering off in terror). He had been cautiously cordial to the lovely people at GRF, but when he saw me, he went into full on happy wriggle dance mode-- I was going to be his human, no if's, and's or but's.

Jack has not only managed to get past his intense fears, but become a very friendly dog. He now volunteers with Pets as Therapy. Also, he now acts as though he's never known hardship-- the other day he had a whiny strop because both his humans had their hands full, which meant he had to scratch his own back itch rather than have one of his servants get it with a brush :P But I figure he deserves it.

Happy 6th Birthday Mr. Jack!

jack_nap_zps599cb921.jpg

jack_cuddle1_zps61032be0.jpg

jack_hug4_zpsecce2a31.jpg

:b-day Happy #6 Jack! You have come soo far, good for you, handsome. Thank you for being a wonderful therapy dog! :confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy Birthday Jack!

Judy, mom to Do Bee, Bandita, Angel and Gizmo

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

Guest shanesmom

Happy Birthday Jack! Love hearing how much progress he has made. From scared and skittish to a therapy dog! How wonderful. Reminds me of my Ace who was super skittish and now is such a lover and has so much more confidence. Ace is a black boy with a white chest too. Hugs to Jack.

:balloonparty HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HANDSOME JACK!!! :balloonparty

If you ever have another itch that needs scratching, come see me! :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead