First Dental Since Adoption

Guest lunasmom

Guest lunasmom

Overall Luna has been doing really well so far. She had 5 teeth extracted and had a little bit of a nose bleed afterwards which they assured me was fairly normal in this situation. It didn't take too long for them to get the bleeding to stop either, however it started again when I picked her up last night because she got a little too excited when the Vet tech went to get her (that one didn't take very long to stop either). We got home around 5:30pm. She was a bit restless at first, wouldn't stay laying down for long and was panting off and on. At that point I rememberd reading that panting can be a sign of pain so I gave her a dose of pain meds. She settled down, stopped panting, and snoozed the rest of the evening. As instructed I gave her a half size dinner (softened) and she ate all of it no problem. She was given an injection of Rimadyl for pain and inflamation at the vet and I was sent home with Rimadyl (the chewable kind) and Clavamox (antibiotic) to give her every 12 hours starting tomorrow, as well as Tramadol (also for pain) that I can give her as needed starting last night (I gave her the first dose last night, but she seem okay so far this morning since I gave her the Rimadyl).

This morning her face is a little swolen and she had a touch of diarreah. She ate her whole breakfast with no issues and took her pills like a champ. I wrapped them in luch meat and she didn't hesitate at all to eat them. At the moment, she is back to napping.